Mason turned five this past Thursday. I don't know where the time has gone because it certainly doesn't feel like it has been FIVE years.
He was super pumped when he woke up. He immediately ran down stairs asking for his presents...he is just like his Momma.
Birthday boy and little bro. Brody was so excited this morning that he woke up at 3am. Ugh. Teething probs.
While we can (don't think this will work when we are in school), we like to take the boys for Gibson's the morning of their birthdays. It's always a fun treat. He was eating it up.
Mrs. Neugebauer sent us pictures throughout the day. I think they made it special for him. =)
And Mason got to pick dinner for the family. He picked Mellow Mushroom in East Memphis because it looks like a space ship.
Mom and Dad met us at our house after dinner to bring him his gift.
He got a big boy bike and thinks he is so big now. He's already asking to take off the training wheels.
Singing happy birthday.
Putting together his Lego Batmobile. It takes a team to put legos together!
We had his birthday party Sunday afternoon at Menagerie Farms. It is a great spot for kids' parties. They have a big farm with all kinds of animals and activities for the guests. I think everyone had a great time.
All the kids listening to the instructions.
First event up was riding the ponies. The birthday boy got to ride the entire time.
Reese.
The farm dog just loved Mamaw and her blanket.
Anderson and Griffin loved riding the ponies...I think they need one of their own. =)
Anderson
Griffin waving to the crowd.
Brody just chilled back and relaxed...not even holding on.
He finally figured it out.
Next up was feeding the fish in the pond.
It was a ton of fish and honestly, it grosses me out....but the kids loved it.
They dug for "gold" and then traded it in for toys.
We all took a hayride around the farm.
They let Mason off at the small pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect birthday pumpkin. (it was getting chilly and he is so indecisive!)
Then we fed the goats.
These animals were excited. They kept sticking their big heads out of the fence.
They had John, Mason, and myself race to see who could fill up a bowl with goat's milk the quickest. The kicker was John and I were on the same team. Mason was on the staffs' team. Who do you think won?! I couldn't get a thing out and it was disgusting.
Mason got us with the milk. Gross.
Time for cake.
These cute things were hungry too.
We were so happy Mamaw was able to come. What a trooper after having surgery.
The Grandpas.
You should've heard their conversations...
What a fun day for a sweet, yet silly, boy.
He is so smart these days. I catch myself multiple times a week Googling info that comes out of his mouth to make sure he is right. He also knows at least 20 more Spanish words than I. He asks questions that I can't answer, but often wonder why I haven't thought to ask the question myself.
He loves superheros, ninja turtles, pizza (referencing TMNT again), puzzles, bubble gum, PB&Js, books, animals, making paper airplanes, the number 61 (always uses this number), his brother.
He doesn't like going to bed (although this kid NEEDS sleep...unlike his brother), pickles, "bad guys".
All in all, he is one pretty awesome five year old.






No comments:
Post a Comment