Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Santa and a Basketball Game


It has gotten a tad chilly around here....time to break out the vests. 


A couple of weekends ago, we had our girls' Christmas brunch.  We bring a  "favorite things" gift and always have a blast.  We also celebrated Blake's birthday.
Presents, Mimosas, Friends, and Cake = Can never go wrong. 


Caught Emma chill in' by a fire. 




We've been playing all of our new board games. 
The boys got serious with Operation. 


Twister got interesting...




This past Thursday, I took the boys with me for Mexican with my girlfriends while John bowled.  As soon as we walked in, Brody spotted a man who, in his defense, totally looked like Santa Claus.  
He could not stop staring and waving.  Of course I was dying of embarrassment and finally got him to turn around. 
 Next thing I know, that sweet man stopped by our table as he was leaving and gave the boys "special elf tokens" that say naughty on one side and nice on the other.  He told them to listen to their Mommy and do what I say.  I will flip the tokens to naughty if they misbehave and his elves will report back to him.  

Brody was amazed and couldn't believe it.  Mason asked us a million times if it really was Santa.  

What a wonderful man. 
 Who knew Santa ate at El Porton in Germantown. 


We had a rainy walk to school Friday morning. 


And Mason came home with a wonderful report from school.  He aced his tests of counting by 5s and 10s and tested at the top of his class on writing numbers 1-20 in random order.  We have been working hard, and he was so proud of himself.  Of course we were proud as well!



Part of our Christmas presents were tickets to an Ole Miss basketball game.  They built a new arena and it opened in January.  We couldn't wait to see a game.  

I don't know when he got so old but I don't like it!  He wanted to wear this new hoodie since it's a "big kid's outfit".  


Brody was testing out his duck face. 


We had a super fun time and kept these boys out past their bedtimes!
And that is one nice arena.




 He was all about some silly faces and that hoodie.  


Mason stole my phone...


Monday was MLK day and Mason was out of school.  He and Mickey Mouse went to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. If you were looking to see it, he said it was "amazing".  




No comments:

Post a Comment