Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 20, 2017

It's Hot Hot Hot


It has been steaming hot out.  
I mean it hasn't stopped my kids at all, but look at that sweat. 


We had planned to go to the pool with our neighbors Friday.  I was going to check out Brody early since it was a fun day at school, but decided he would rather skip the whole day and stay home with Mason and I.  Talk about happy. 


We had chores to do before we could go to the pool.  First stop was grocery store, second chore was cleaning that dirty house of ours.  




The YMCA has a slide that Mason has had a blast playing on.  Brody is our more apprehensive child....but just initially.  Once he does something, he loses all fear.  Just hard for him to take that initial leap.  He has tried and tried to go down that slide.  I have gotten in the water 25 times to catch him, he has put on floaties, we have tried bribes.  He had gotten as far as climbing all the way up and saying hello to me in the tunnel....but came right back down.  

So Friday, he wanted to put his floaties on (he can't touch there) and try again.  I was telling the lifeguard that he probably won't go down, we have had lots of attempts.  The lifeguard then told me I could go up there with him, just not down the slide with him.  She said "your his Mom, if you want to help nudge him down, I can't stop you".  So I climbed up and told a Mom lie.  Told him I was coming right behind him and gave him a little push.  He flew down yelling "cannon ball" and has never looked back.  After that, it is all he has wanted to do!


Muscles. 


We had all eaten lunch before, but swimming makes these kids hungry.  Every time we go, they end up eating all the snacks we bring...even when I think I've brought way too much. 

Of course mine are smiling with cheese in their mouth....


This is what happens when you skip school, don't take a nap, and swim for three and a half hours in 100 degree weather. 



But he got a second wind.  
We played outside until the Dads got home, so we could all go to Hueys.  


If you get a second wind from an exhausting day, there is no time for bathing or brushing your hair.  We did take him out in public like this, and no one cared.  Ha. 


Saturday was another hot day.  Brody wanted his Daddy to watch him go down the slide, so we ate a big lunch and headed back to the Y. 


It was so hot that all the adults were in the pool too.  
So glad John was able to come, they love playing with their Daddy. 



We stayed there for a couple of hours and then headed to Robert and Becca's to swim.  My kids' swimming means they stay under water 90% of the time, just pop up to get one breath.  They had to have been exhausted, but you would have never known!   They love swimming. 

How many twins can you spot in this picture...


I know I say it all the time but these three love love love spending time together. 


We let Mason spend the night with Reese, and made Brody come back home with us.  He was sad leaving his best friends, so we told him we could have an ice cream date before bed.  Of course, when we got there, he only wanted a cookie.  No ice cream for this tired dude.  As soon as he was done with his cookie, he begged us to go home, so we could sleep. 


Only child for the night and morning heading to church.


Yard work leads to more swimming.


Mrs. Melissa was out of town and Mr. Ben had Baby Wells, so we all got together to swim Sunday afternoon.

Wells is just the sweetest.


Monkey in the middle


A bunch of college friends and their kids.  Its funny to think of then vs. now.
Lots have changed!



We got the Jeeps out and decided to race.  Tegan won every time.  My boys do not know how to drive in a straight line.  Ha.


Tuesday night we had dinner with friends at our fav Mexican restaurant.



Mason is back at camp this week.  Field trip was skating and bowling.  He is absolutely not a fan of skating.  He says he is on the ground more than his feet.   But he does enjoy bowling.  He said he had fun at both even though he scraped up his arm from hitting the ground.  Poor guy.








No comments:

Post a Comment