After the St. Louis trip, we were home the rest of fall break. The kids stayed with my Mom during the day while John and I worked. One night they spent the night with her, so I went with John to pre bowl. It was fun until I couldn't feel my fingers or arm any longer. Man. Three games in 40 minutes is too much. I struggled cleaning teeth the rest of the week from being sore....
They had a great time laying low and just playing together. They got to go to the park every day and loved it. Sometimes having no plans is the best.
We also decorated Halloween cookies across the street with our friends.
Brody def liked the sprinkles.
And we took all the neighborhood kiddos to the park down the street for an hour or so.
This past weekend was the only weekend we had no soccer games the same weekend we had a home football game. Even knowing that, John and I went back and forth on whether we would go to Oxford or not. Even the morning of, we had no clue. But we decided to just go on and go, and I'm glad we did.
Since our tailgate came to an end last year, we decided to go to the square to have lunch while watching some of the early games.
We had a fun time together and shockingly, we won! It was a hot day and being the old people we have become, struggled with the heat. We got home, picked up the boys, and literally went to sleep. It is just getting too much for us these days. =)
John came home from church and restrung Mason's baseball glove. He was very proud of himself. Unfortunately, the baseball game got rained out. Ughhhhhhh.
Last night as a 7 year old.
He was sooooo excited about his birthday.
He had been counting down for a week....must be my child.
Mason woke up, changed, and waited on his presents. Ha.
These are awful, awful pictures but its all I got.
He just couldn't believe that I found the Beyblade from Japan he wanted.
(thank you Amazon)
He wanted eggs and french toast sticks.
This was his first time to get to go to school on his birthday. I think he was pretty excited for everyone to know it was his bday. Even better, one of his classmates has the same birthday.
John surprised him at lunch with Chickfila. We were really excited to surprise him, but when Mason walked into the cafeteria, he walked right up to the guest table. He told John he was just sure he would be there to have lunch with him. THANK GOODNESS HE WENT. That would have been awful! I guess his friend's parents came to have lunch with him, so he decided surely his parents would come also.
We are celebrating this weekend with a party with friends, but he picked out a dinner spot for his actual birthday night. Of course the child picked Chili's. He loves those tablets on the table, and we never go there. But it was his pick!
And he was super happy because he had both sets of grandparents, aunt and uncle, and his best friends/cousins. What more could you want?!
Opening his gift from Grandma and Grandpa.
He was obviously excited about Mickey Mouse and Pops' gift also.
(check out that tooth! ha)
(check out that tooth! ha)
Oh brother...
Mason does not like cake, but Brody was very upset he didn't want one.
I made a cinnamon roll cake to change it up a bit.
He thought for a few good seconds before blowing out that candle.
Cannot believe he is EIGHT. We are so proud of him. He is smart, caring, super honest, and the best big brother. He is a helper and a doer. As his teacher says, he is always trying to find a solution if there is a problem. He is sweet and innocent and I hope he stays that way forever. He is so active he doesn't care which sport he is playing, he just enjoys doing it. He loves Nerf guns, Legos, Beyblades, and I would say baseball the most.
He is the best, and we are glad he is ours. =)






No comments:
Post a Comment