I thought I blogged this post earlier in the week. Opps.
Mason's teacher won Teach of the Year at Shady Grove! She is so deserving of the award and Mason was so happy for her.
Last weekend playing basketball Saturday morning.
Brody practices before the game and during halftime.
Cheering on the Horned Frogs.
We went straight to brunch and then found a park.
We also had some baseball fun.
Sunday was a busy busy day.
We bought tickets with our friends to go to the Ft. Worth Rodeo and Stock Show. All these TX towns have big rodeos every year. They last about a month and are so much fun. There is so much to see and do before the rodeo, so we had a good two hours to explore.
And eat.
They had all the Midway rides there from the TX state fair. Thankfully it is off to the side, but we had already told the kids about them. We let them each ride a ride and then we went back to the stock show to met up with friends.
We ALL had some practice with the lasso. I was horrible as well as my kids.
Don't think being a cowboy is in our name....
Don't think being a cowboy is in our name....
It was sunny and mid-70s.
They took this funny edited picture of us all. It makes me laugh.
This was my first rodeo experience ever. It was very TX-like. Very deep prayer to begin the ceremony and pretty cool flag entrance with the horses.
I just couldn't believe how dangerous this was.
There is no way those guys didn't have concussions....
There is no way those guys didn't have concussions....
Trying to get on that jumbotron.
Half of them made it behind the couple on the kiss cam. Ha.
We loved the 8o degree weather this week. I think it got up to 83 Monday.
Red faced and sweaty eating a burger we grilled out.
Ready for summer.
Such a pretty night for baseball.
They had their first on field practice and loved it.
Brody and I ran a couple of laps around the track during practice.
He doesn't even have a red face...
He loves going to practice.
I was busy all week painting.
Brodys room was yellow with a purple, floral valence....
He just loves his new room and the TX flair.
And while I was at it, I went on and painted the first guest bedroom. It is hard to tell here, but it was pretty much lime green.
This room was a little easier because it only had two 12 ft ceiling walls.....I'm so sick of painting these high ceilings! Now to decorate...
They have been working on their own books in class and had 'meet the author' day last week. Mason had to read his story to classmates.
We tried a new Mexican place, and it had the closest thing to white cheese dip we have found here.
I'm on a mission....
After dinner, we decided to go on and yank Brody's second tooth out.
Popped right out.
Clearly he is wearing the same shirt as the night before today. Ha.
Another Saturday with basketball.
Mason's team is so good on defense. It is fun to watch.
Now onto an afternoon of birthday parties.



































No comments:
Post a Comment