Football Friday again.
We didn't have much besides a baseball practice on Saturday. The boys hunted around the neighborhood to find friends they could play with. Ha.
But we had a very big and EARLY day Sunday. Both boys had one day tournaments and on the other side of DFW....literally one hour and forty minutes away from each other. Brody was in northeast Dallas and Mason was in southwest Ft. Worth.
We decided I would take Brody and John would take Mason. It was Mason's first tournament of the fall season, and John was really excited to see him play (not that I wasn't!)
Unfortunately, I chose wrong because Brody's first game ended up being at 8am so we had to leave the house at 6:15am to get there an hour early!
The sun wasn't even up yet!
Cute boy was excited to play again....he woke up at 5:15 ready to go.
Such a beautiful sunrise though.
Brody's team decided to play in an 8U tournament although they are 7U. The 7U didn't make and since we had done so well with 8U teams, we gave it a go. They ended up going 0-2 BUT both teams we had to play ended up in the championship game, so I would say it was a bit of a bad draw. And both games were super close, they boys were actually awesome (esp. the 2nd game) where they went 3 up 3 down in two innings and one inning just one run. They are so good sometimes, it's crazy.
Brody did hit a HR and I got it on video.
Waiting in between games.
I don't have as many pictures of Mason's tournament because well....it was John there and not me. =)
But he was sooooo excited to get to play finally.
We have some new teammates this year.
That was happening while I was waiting on Brody's second game to start.
These boys may have lost both games but they had soooo much fun together.
My #2 (who they call Bowzer now) Haha.
We had never planned to go and watch any of Mason's games since they were so far away, but they were so behind schedule. If we left right after Brody was done, we could see at least one game (and they were winning the 2nd game when it was decision time). Brody really wanted to go so.....we went. And he took a cat nap.
It was unbelievably hot there though and ZERO shade. It was terrible. Lol. And they ended up losing the second game in the last inning which put them playing the #1 seed for the third game. So it was very unfortunate. BUT Mason did so well. Brody and I got to see him make an awesome defensive play for an out. He also walked and got a single in that game.
I was able to get this video of the single. John didn't take any videos of his at bats during his first two games. He led off the day with an awesome double. He went 3-5 with a walk for the day. (his only out was his hardest hit ball but the kid made a play on it) They have him hitting 3rd which is fun too. He is the youngest and smallest on the team and comes out to the song "Here Comes the Boom". Haha.
This is the video of one of his singles but what you don't see is this was maybe the 10th pitch of this at bat. He worked that pitcher so well. His coach was pumped.
If you are counting....our teams went 0-5 Sunday BUT honestly, Mason's team is so much better and we are excited about the season. And Brody's team will be fine....they should just probably get in 7U tourneys only. Lol.
We all had dinner together in Granbury after.
And got shakes to go. Brody clearly got a chocolate one....
I got these pictures yesterday. One of the Dads on Brody's team takes great pictures of the boys. I feel like I have soooo many of Brody but next time Mason plays, I'm going to bring my camera and try and get some good shots of him. Brody has also already played 3 weekends and this was Mason's first weekend to play. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Mason's tourney this weekend will make, but fingers crossed it does.
Coach Miles getting a game plan ready.
Playing pitcher.


















No comments:
Post a Comment