My last day of work before maternity leave was Friday, July 27th. I run around at my Friday job more than any other day of the week, so I was looking forward to getting through the day! When I got home, John put dinner on the grill and we turned on the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. About 30 minutes later, I started having contractions. They started coming about every 2 minutes so we just kept counting them because of course, I was worried it would be false labor. We decided to have my mom come over to watch Mason when we came to terms with the fact that they were not ending and just getting worse.
We got to the hospital around 11:30pm and they went ahead and hooked me up to the machines. They quickly decided to keep me because I was at 4cm (had only been 1.5 earlier in the week) and contractions were not letting up. It took a couple of hours to get me set up in a delivery room and by then, those evil contractions were killing me. But fortunately my best friend, the anesthesiologist, hooked me up and I was good to go! We thought it would be a little faster labor, but waiting for the doctor to deliver other babies, and a cute little boy stalling out at about 8cm, Brody came into this world at 8:28 am screaming with all his might!
And here begins the photo overload!
My mom and John staying up with me allllll night long.
Watching the Olympics
Brody weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and 20 and 1/4in long. (Mason was 7lbs 3oz and 21in long)
Grandma Reba and Brody
Our first photo as a family of four!
Sweet Brothers
Grandma Reba, Mamaw, Brody, Mason, and John
My absolute favorite picture!!!
Robert, Becca, and Reese came to visit!
She's going to be such a big help with the twins in a few months!!!
Mickey Mouse and Pops (please note our wild child in the background with blue PowerAid mouth)!
Mom and Mrs Peggy with Brody. Mrs Peggy went and watched Mason while we were at the hospital! Thanks a million!!!
Our family is complete and we are so unbelievably blessed.
The Big Bro
The little Bro before leaving the hospital!
We have had a wonderful 3 days! Brody has been so easy (I realize it's still early) and Mason has been great. He worries when he cries and tells us to feed him some food if he's hungry. But Mason seems to have no problem hanging out with Brody.
This labor was much easier and the recovery has been awesome! I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Well I will post more pictures later but now I will leave you with this...the boys look just alike!!!






Congratulations Crissy! Brody is adorable and you look just beautiful in these pictures. I'm sure that Mason will be a wonderful big brother and lots of help as Brody gets older. Congratulations and I look forward to more pictures!
ReplyDelete