We had a busy Halloween weekend planned. The weather forecast didn't look too pretty but it ended up being just fine.
Mason had a preschool friend's party Saturday morning and had been talking about it all week long, He had a blast. It was all of his good friends from CTK and they were all thrilled to see each other again. I think all of us parents were happy to see each other also.
It was the cutest party.
She basically had every kids game that you have ever seen on Pinterest.
They even made a "witch's potion" out of dry ice all kinds of spooky ingredients.
Mason feeling the box of "brains".
We came home and started getting ready for our Halloween party. I tried to cut black olives to look like spiders on the deviled eggs. I saw it on Pinterest and it was a very obvious fail....
I ended up putting spider rings on top of them.
Since Batman got to go to a party in costume that morning, Robin had to do the same. John gave up and took him to the grocery store dressed up...at least Robin was there to protect him if needed.
It is exhausting fighting crime.
Our neighborhood has always had a Halloween get together but the people who host it moved away this summer. We volunteered to put it on this year and decided to black out the garage and put up fun decorations. I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing.
All the adults dress up each year also. The boys wanted to be Batman and Robin which left us being The Joker and Cat Woman...without the leather. =)
Jake's costume was the best.
Mom and Dad were Harry Potter.
So good.
Cute boy was a car.
Lyndsey, Brad, and BK.
After we ate, we took the kids trick or treating. Brody was very much into it this year.
These guys are best buds at school.
Mason and Alex sprinting to the next house. Ya know, ringing the doorbell is what its all about...
Grandma and Grandpa as the Smurfs.
Getting ready to play a game.
We also had bobbing for apples.
All the neighborhood kids had been so excited about this.
He cheated.
We also played Grab Bag. Stuck your hand in the bag to find either "eyeballs", "brains", or candy.
Ben's a master pumpkin carver.
Mason wanted to try without using the stem. He got soaked.
But he also lost his gum in the bucket....thats when I realized how unsanitary it is to bob for apples! Yuck! Thank goodness it appears no one was sick! What was I thinking?!?!?















No comments:
Post a Comment