Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 8, 2016

First Day of School



Birthday party weekend can wear you out...


We had Alex's birthday party Sunday afternoon at the movies.  
They were excited to see Ice Age.....and so was I. 


And it was in 3d. 




Birthday party gang. 


We did a little back to school shopping and lost Brody in the madness. 



Brody actually switched classes the week before Mason's school started, but it was more of a trial week.  Real school and curriculum started the next week. 


They got one more week of summer camp together.  


Thursday night, I saw Bad Moms with my girlfriends.  Honestly, it was hilarious.  Mexican and a movie with girls is always a fun night. 


Friday I took Brody back to speech.  We had him evaluated, and he is now going to have sessions a couple of times a week for a while. He loves playing in the waiting room there. 


Met Mom for lunch.  
She got the biggest slice of pizza ever.  


Friday night was the opening ceremony for Olympics 2016.  
I LOVE the Olympics. We had the R. Browers' over for dinner and fun. 


Saving the world, one ninja at a time. 


Saturday afternoon lunch. 


I may have let Mason download Pokemon on my phone....



We had two birthday parties Saturday.
They each had one, so I took Mason and John took Brody.


Mason's was a laser tag party and he had so much fun.  All of his friends from Kindergarten were there.  You could tell they are all antsy to get back to school together.





Brody's was at Menagerie Farms in the 100+ degree weather.
(Thank goodness this is the one John chose! Ha)

He loved riding on the horse.

And he got to play with his best friend the whole time.


But you can see here....it may have been fun but it was HOT.



We have been doing a lot of Olympic watching.


We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  Mason came prepared.  All on his own, he found two quarters (one for him, one for Brody) so they could get suckers when we left.


School started back today, so we read our The Night Before First Grade book.


We rested well to get ready for the big day.


Like I said earlier, I guess it wasn't Brody's real first day in 4K but oh well.

Brody is in Mrs. Jackie's class at CCA
He wants to be Lego Batman when he grows up.
(obviously, we need to work on our aspirations!)



And Mason started FIRST GRADE.
No idea how that is possible.

He is in Mrs. Jones' class at TOES.
He wants to be a Lego builder. =)



I pray they have wonderful years where they learn and grow so much, and have a ton of fun while doing it.



Mason said last night that he was a tiny bit nervous but very excited about heading back to school.  He showed no signs of nerves this morning, and was ready to go!



Jones' Jungle


He was literally front and center.
He didn't care, he was just excited it was a real desk instead of a table.



It was a busy day.
I checked out Brody and took him for his four year checkup.  All is well in his world.
He is perfect as Dr. Bubba would say.

Height: 40 and 1/4th inches
Weight: 36 lbs


We were able to play on the playground with friends after school for a few minutes.  It is nice getting back into this school routine.

It was obviously hot though....check out that spike he was able to get...

No comments:

Post a Comment