Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

End of the Soccer Season


We celebrated Anderson and Griff's birthday last week.
Cant believe they are FIVE!



Mason had a soccer game Thursday night, Saturday, and Sunday.  Brody had games Saturday and Sunday.  We were thinking the weekend games would get rained out but thankfully, we were wrong!

It was pretty dark, and chilly Thursday night, but Mason was excited to play. 


At least I was happy it was Friday.  

Saturday morning was windy!  Super windy.  
Mason got to play midfield (I think that is the position...I do not know soccer) all weekend.  He did really well.  He is best at running quickly all over that field.  

Saved the ball into play. 





Running around can wear a kid out.
He had two hotdogs while waiting for Brody to play. 


Brody's turn.
He absolutely LOVES talking to his teammates out there.  =)

It is a blurry picture but that ball in the goal, Brody was the one who kicked it in.  
He was soooooo excited. 

As you can see by the pictures....


Saturday afternoon was another friend's birthday party.  That is three Saturdays in a row if you are counting.  The birthday boy was sweet enough to invite Brody also.  Since we are at Mason's school every Friday and he plays on the playground after school, everyone knows who Brody is.  It's pretty funny.

Brody acted like such a big kid and had a great time. 



Saturday night was our 2nd annual Friendsgiving. It was a busy day, but we were thankful to have a nice evening with friends. 

Our Friendsgiving consists of each person making an "adult dish", babies, talking about babies/kids, guys watching football, and laughter.  

It.  Is.  Perfect.  


Sunday afternoon was more soccer....and boy was it COLD.  Freezing.  

U5 soccer is funny. 
 Kids are always on the ground and all running to the ball at the same time.  
Brody has had a fun time this year with a great little team.  
Not sure what we will do with our Saturdays!


Mason's game started at 4, but Brody's didn't end until 4:15.  John went on to Mason's while we wrapped up Brody's.  As I was walking up to his game, I see what I thought was Mason and a kid about a foot taller than him running down the field with the ball.  Next thing I know, the ball is soaring through the air and went into the back of the net.  Mason had scored a goal.

I was so excited.  John texted me "Goalllllll".  Ha.  As soon as I sat down, Mason was near me on the field and said, "Mommy, did you see I scored a goal?!"  Thankfully I was able to say yes!

Turns out, he had had another shot on goal before we got there.  Another hard, kicked ball, but it hit the post.

Blocked the kick. 




He ended up getting a couple of more shots on the goal.  
He didn't make it, but here is another one. 


Did I mention it was cold?!  We couldn't feel our feet. 


Unfortunately we only had six players there, which meant we had no subs and played with one less player than the other team the entire game (plus their three subs).  We managed to pull out a 3-1 victory anyways.  Mason was exhausted but loved every minute of it.  He had an AWESOME coach and team this year.  


It was a fun, fun season!  I do think he is going to miss it. 

Still couldn't believe he scored that goal. 


First basketball practice was Monday night.  

Here we go again....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment