Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Redbirds Game and Last Day of School


For our end of the year baseball party, we made plans to go to the Redbirds game.  The boys participated in their Field of Dreams and it was awesome.  They got to  go on the field during the National Anthem and stand at their position.  They announced each of their names/positions while they ran out on that BIG field (big compared to what they had been playing on). They all thought they were something else.  =)

It was on the night before the last day of school, so who cares if they stayed out late?!


John got this video of them about to run out there.  I thought it was great.  





Mason had some fans. 

All the Dads on the field. 

Since Mason ended the last few games as catcher, thats where he got to stand.  
Our pitcher stood out there too. 

Thankfully this was BEFORE the National Anthem, but my child was doing the "floss" out there....

LOVE this picture. 

The players signed their balls quickly and then they had to run off the field. 

All the kiddos got to sit together and are all old enough that they actually watched the entire game.  
It really was a great night. 


Brody is all about some baseball and being friends with all of Mason's friends, so he was in heaven.  All those kids are so sweet to Brody. 


John and I left for Texas the next morning for his work.  I missed the last day of school, but thankfully, Mom stepped in and took my place!   I had made the signs and requested pictures.  Ha.
Go figure, they both want to be baseball players...






We have had the best year.  I may always say that, but I'm serious.  These teachers have been the best yet.  Both boys, same year.  I am actually sad to see both of them move on.  I have loved this year.  And I know both boys feel the same.



Mason may have shed a couple of tears over not have Mrs. Funes next year.  She really "got" Mason. Knew his strengths and weaknesses.  Knew he really needed encouragement and is a sensitive soul.  She learned early on he was wayyyyyy too honest, but knew to ALWAYS believe him.  Heck, his whole class would say, "Ask Mason, he will tell you the truth!"   Ha.
I cannot thank her enough for this year.



Now Brody's teachers were awesome too.  Their curriculum was so amazing.  He went into this year not knowing much other than the letters in his name.  He now knows all the letters, sounds, etc.  Can count to wayyyyy more than I have time to listen to.  (I cannot listen to a kid count to over 500 every day), and he is reading.  It was the best decision to wait another year for Kindergarten and put him at Faith Lutheran.  We are so proud of how far he has come!

I mean look how much bigger/older they look!!!!!


A couple of Moms and Mickey Mouse got pizza for the boys since it was a half day.  They got out and had a pizza picnic at the playground to celebrate. 



What a fun year it has been.  
Now to post the Memorial Day weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment