After the day of rain, the weather was BEAUTIFUL.
The water was so calm the next morning.
Unfortunately, we did have green algae. It was very soft but was much worse this afternoon. It disappeared that evening and never returned. It was pretty gross where it was thick.
But it was a gorgeous day.
We had some afternoon poolside fun, since the water turned nasty.
Freckles anyone?!?
That evening, the kids stayed in with my parents for pizza.
And John and I met up with Emily, Daniel, and their friends for a nice, kid-free dinner. After dinner we stopped by Forabama. It didn't turn into a wild night....we are all old and tired from the sun. =)
But it was still a lot of fun.
The next morning the water was SOOOOOO clear. It has been a few years since the water was that clear while we were there. We LOVED it.
The kids played in the ocean for the next two days almost the entire time. We bought one of those balls that skid across the water and we all enjoyed that.
Mason wanted to go parasailing. Now, the last time I went, I was 11 and my mom went right after I did. The rope broke on her and they got an unexpected BIG dip in the ocean. It was an adventure. Mom decided to opt out this time, but I was game. =)
John wanted to ride on the boat but did not want to parasail. We got there and we they definitely tried to peer pressure him, but he wasn't having it.
Mason did so well. I wanted him to go first so he wouldn't freak out when he saw how high it went, but we went second. Thankfully, the first to go was a mom and two young boys. He decided if they could do it, so could he. He was the youngest out there and did awesome.
This guy stayed back and enjoyed swimming at the pool and a snow cone.
And we are off....
It is a bit different being up there with your kid. It was high and I was not enjoying him waving and letting go of his harness. I don't know how many times I told him to hold on tight! Ha.
They dipped us into the water.
It was a lot of fun.
Went back to the condo for lunch and more beach fun.
We promised a night at the Hangout, their favorite.
Both tried to do backflips, but it wasn't happening.
Then I made everyone unhappy and tried to take a few beach picture before we left....
Brody is really trying to pull off a normal smile here, but he was NOT happy. =)
Happier here. =)
John and Mason got the baseball bat out on the last day.
Again, water was just so perfect.
Mason has been fearless in the ocean for a couple of years, Brody joined in on the fun this year. No fear. I don't know how many times we had to tell them to come back closer to shore.
Lost count on the number of snow cones...
Fun at dinner.
Best parents ever.
Last night + Pretty sunset = More Family Pictures.
Tried to get a picture of John and I....
Woke up bright and early to head home.
Saying their last goodbye.
Until next year.
And thats a wrap for beach trip 2018. We had the most relaxing time. Love the week away with family to just hang out. Only week of the year we get to do it!
We got home and unpacked Saturday.
Sunday afternoon we swam at the cousins house. A week away seems too long for all of them!
Back to reality this week.

























No comments:
Post a Comment