We had a family get together on my side to say our goodbyes. It was at my parents and the kids just played the whole time. They had a blast.
Ashley and I took about 10,000 photos. =)
It was so nice to see everyone. We should really do it more often.
These two get along so well.
Brinkley has promised she will make sure her Mom and them plan a trip. HA.
They got us a balloon send off. Just kidding.
It was a beautiful night and the Cville hot air balloon happened to fly right over the backyard.
No goodbyes to this one yet....she is driving down with us!
Thankful for the years and years and secrets and talks. Thankfully, with all this technology (as old people like us would say), we can Marco Polo and FaceTime how ever often we need!
These two are trouble. Ha. JK
They are just the babies of the familes!
We have had a week of eating out to say goodbye to friends. I have gained at least ten lbs. We started the week at Hueys with my best friend/coworker and her family. Ethan and the boys had fun together.
My last day of work was Wednesday. They catered in Swankys and invited the spouses to join after work. It was actually a great time. I have been there for 8 fun years. It is a small office and we are all friends. It was a sad goodbye, but I will visit when back in town. I can only hope my next office will be the same. I am officially unemployed.
I'm not a hugger, but I was okay with it.
Leann and I have become such great friends. We just clicked from day one. We watch a ridiculous amount of Bravo TV and discuss each day at work. I have demanded that they come to TX and visit so they have to now. =)
We had a Brower dinner Thursday night. All five kiddos picked Chilis....they have gaming tablets on the tables if you are wondering why Chilis. Ha. I should have taken a picture but forgot. We got to give some farewell hugs to Grandma Reba.
Friday night was Memphis Pizza Cafe with Ben, Melissa, and Wells. We had a good dinner and then hit up Baskin Robbins. I took pictures and my kids did the same thing in all of them.....
But I do love this picture of Wells. He looks so stinkin' cute.
We leave Sunday morning to head West. I think it is finally sinking in that we are leaving. We are definitely sad, but are looking forward to the new memories and adventure. There is something to be said about moving to a big city you know nothing about. I am excited to explore and learn all about it. We really know nothing. We have this big house that needs paint and love. I think we are ready to get settled and make this house a home.
Speaking of being sad.....this came up on my timehop.
Cue the tears. Where has the time gone. I also look back on this picture and think how upset I was that day. Mason had NO desire to take a picture with that baby and Brody pooped all over the place. I was upset and shed lots of hormonal tears.
I look back and only see this sweet picture. What was once a big deal and to me (I thought the world was ending) was really nothing. Funny how that happens.
I'm hoping we can look back on this chapter of our life and think the same. It is always going to be a life-changing moment in our lives.....but I hope it will just become a stepping stone to another wonderful chapter. It isn't the end of the world....just a start to a new, fun world.







No comments:
Post a Comment