Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2018

First Day of School in TX


It was a big day in the Brower house.  First day of school for both boys....Kindergarten for this one!
How can that be?!

Our traditional first day pics....just in TX. 


A big 3rd Grader over here. 





Made them take a picture in front of the school sign.  
I would say they were not happy about that. 


First time ever being at the same school. 

We dropped the Kindergarteners off in the cafeteria with their teacher.  The teacher led the class to their room when it was ready, so all the Moms could say goodbye a bit easier.  Some little guys were so sad, but this one was like "see ya".  

They had a Tears and Cheers in the library for the Kindergarten parents.  I went and almost walked right out after I didn't know anyone, but a sweet Mom grabbed me to chat.  I was fine after that.   Met a few Moms and learned a bit about the school.  It was really nice. 


They LOVED Day 1 of school.  They both met friends right away and LOVE their teachers. Like I mentioned in the last post, they both got really great teachers.  It was obvious right away. It sounds like most of these teachers stay forever once they get into Shady Grove....just like Tara Oaks.  We have been very impressed.  

We were a bit more worried about Mason since he is in 3rd grade and was nervous himself.  Well when he was walking down the hallway to his classroom, his teacher saw him and said "oh its cute little Mason from Tennessee".  A little boy in his class heard that and immediately asked Mason if he was new, then asked if he wanted to be his friend.  He sat with him in the cafeteria, played with him at recess and introduced him to all of his friends, and on and on.  What a blessing.  That was all Mason needed.  They have been buds everyday after that too.  He has helped Mason meet all the kiddos in 3rd grade. 

You better believe next year when school is starting, I will remind both boys to make sure no one is new in their class.  And if so, take them under their wing and show them around.  Something so small can change someones entire school year around. 

Excited about Day 2.  


Boys went to school, so Mom and I finished all the painting we could do and ATE. 


The house needed a lot of paint.  Problem was, 80% of the walls were wayyyyyyy too high for us to paint.  We did what we could and finally hired someone to do the rest. 

Got the tall foyer painted. 

And this red in the dining room.  Two of the walls were really high in here. 

I went with a navy, which I had to talk myself into....but I LOVE it.  
My favorite room in the house. 

Mom and I ate more.....haha


Mom had to go home Saturday morning, so we all decided to go to a Rangers game Friday night. 
None of us had ever been to this stadium before (John had only been in the old one).  The Boys and Mickey Mouse had never been to a major league game period.  


It was hot at the beginning but the sun finally went down soon after. 




It started to fill up more once the sun went down.  
Smart people. 



Spoiled rotten.  School has been tough on him.  He is so tired.  I will say by Friday, he was exhausted.  But don't worry, Mom was there to hold this 6 year old like a baby and scratch his back.  Ha. 

It is just so hot here.  You walk to your car and you will be sweating.  
Every.  Single.  Day.  

Fun family night. 


And the Rangers won.  
They turned a triple play the night before which is crazy.  Just missed it. 

It was late so we watched the fireworks as we walked to the car. 

Had to pull them out of bed to drop Mickey Mouse off at the airport....and yes he was in her bed.  


Got this bad boy up and running Saturday. 

After all of our hard work Saturday morning, we decided to take it easy and swim at the pool that afternoon.  Se met some neighbors/kids.  It was a fun day. 

Starting to feel like home. 


This week I finished up painting.  The office has no light oddly enough.  (think it was a sitting room) I decided to use a really light color to brighten it up. 

Looks much better. 


I had Kindergarten orientation this week.  Brody is a Roy's Rock-N-Roller and his favorite thing about school is recess.  =)


Mason's teachers use an app to update with pictures throughout the day.  He is just loving school.  They are using so many fun games to learn and he LOVES it. 

I went to Trader Joe's for the first time this week.  
Talk about excited.  

We decided to have a family movie night last night and watched Peter Rabbit.  
It was actually really good.  


We have a back to school bash tonight at the school the boys are looking forward to.  We also got invited to another 3rd grade boy's birthday party a few houses down.  The Mom spotted me in carpool line and introduced herself.  It is going to be a water slide with a lot of the neighbors, so we are hoping to meet some people in the hood so the boys can play with the other kiddos.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment