Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2020

School is ALMOST out for the Summer!



We are still enjoying the 80s and 90s during the day and the nice breeze in the shade in the evenings. If we have to be stuck in the house, at least we have had wonderful weather.  

We have already gone through 3 watermelons.  

I went back to work.  I have only been working a couple of half days as I have the boys until school is out.  We have N95 masks as well as level 3s.  We have shields and gowns (which are all very hot and I said no thank you).  We have limited use of our cavitrons (sad cry) and all kinds of new precautions before a patient walks in the door.  These are crazy times . 

My boss has been great and is allowing me to bring the kids up to the office to get a few hours in.  I will go back to my full time schedule on Wednesdays and Thursdays after Memorial Day weekend.  Our other part time hygienist quit because of Covid, so I will also be bringing the boys up half days on Mondays and Tuesdays until we can hire someone.  These are weird times but I'm trying to help the best I can and have an amazing boss.  

Our neighbor rented a bounce house/slide for their daughter's birthday.  The company let them keep it up the entire weekend so we took advantage Friday afternoon.  The kids had a blast as well as the mommas. 

Mason got a note in the mail from his teachers. 

Saturday night bike ride. 

Sunday was Mother's Day.  We decided to throw the boys' bikes in the car and go to Bear Creek Park to ride different trails. 


It was sunny, hot, and fun. 

It wiped us out.  Ha

Mason working on his Sunday pitching rotation. 

John grilled steaks for dinner. 

And we ate outside. 

We decided to bring the small tv that is sitting in a closet outdoors to watch the Jordan documentary.  


I made a smores dip and we called it a perfect night. 

I met up with some of the baseball Mommas Monday night.
It was much needed and so much fun.
We also had the cutest Covid cookies. 

Mason went swimming at the neighbors and I brought Brody with me since it was his friend's house.  Both boys had a great night. 


But we had to get up early and go to work the next morning!
I walked in to check on them and Brody didn't have a shirt on!!!  Ugh!

This was our dining room table and Mason's school desk.....So.  Many.  Papers!!!
We were given the last bit of school work last week!  Hallelujah!  Once we finished on Thursday, we were DONE!!!!  We still have a few more Zooms next week but that is it.  

The boys asked if they could go to Target with me since they hadn't been in a store at all.  I said what the heck.  They seemed pretty excited to get out and see the world. 

Speaking of getting out.....my work schedule is about to get intense and John has never worked so hard in his life.  Baseball is about to get started back and life will get insane again.  We decided to get away (specifically, pull John away from work) and head to the beach for a long weekend.  We are all so excited to unplug and sit on a beach with nothing to do....besides visit with some of our favorites.  
We will be here soon....

Grabbing essential beach stuff little by little....


I had to work half day Thursday morning and unfortunately, the teachers planned their end of the year parade for that morning.  Thankfully, I have the BEST neighbors in the world and they insisted I let the boys hang with them all morning so they wouldn't miss it.  Most of our neighbor friends all met up at one place and let the kids ride bikes and run wild until the parade came through. 


They created the best video of the parade that was a tear jerker.  We LOVE our school and teachers.  They have been nothing short of amazing with all this e-learning.  It is nice to know if we have to do anything similar in the fall, we will rock it again (but surely we won't!).  

LOVE Mrs. Roy. 

Brody's teacher. 

The caboose of the parade was one of our PE teachers, Mrs. Boone.  She squirted all the kids with water guns.  HA

After the parade, they all stayed outside and ordered chickfila delivery.  THEN, all the kids went swimming.....talk about a FUN day!

While the kids swam for the millionth time of the spring, I put together our new patio furniture!
John was hesitant until he got home and sat on it.  We have enjoyed our small patio soooooo much during quarantine.  Once the intense sun gets over the house, the backyard is wonderful. 


We ordered wings and watched Mason's Middle School orientation Zoom call. 

Our neighbor spent the night with us so the boys loved that. 

They are three peas in a pod these days.  They are either at our house or Owens. 

We have had the BEST weather until yesterday.  Goodness, inches and inches of rain.  The creek was on the verge of spilling into the neighbor's yards.  Oof course our flowers and grass loved it.  But it poured ALLLLLL day which can only mean one thing...

Mom came in town!!  Haha.  It rains every single time!  All we had to do was try that wine we found out we liked and make homemade pizza for dinner.

Good news this morning is the sun is out!
We have a busy week ahead.  I am working full time and baseball practice starts back.  We are also headed to the beach at the end of the week so it will all be worth it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment