Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Week 8


We are on Week 8 of quarantined life.  (9 if you cold Spring Break)  
When will it end?!?!  

A couple of Fridays ago, I met some neighborhood gals in a backyard and it was glorious.  We chatted for hours.  I haven't felt so normal in a 8 weeks to be exact. 

We broke the neighbor ban for the boys.  As they are lifting restrictions in our state, we will lift restrictions in our home.  The boys hadn't been this happy in a while.  Some things are more important than others. 


John and I got daiquiris to go and some cajun food.  

And we played in the front yard as the sun went down. 


Well, the boys played while I listened to a virtual Billy Bob's concert. 

Lots of gardening pictures coming.  
My garden is growing like crazy!

The boys LOVE our neighbors ribs.  He does a great job on them.  Every time he smokes them, he sends us down a rack which is sooooo nice.  And like always, they were delicious. 

It has been consistently in the 80s and 90s during the day and the BEST weather at night.  
Nothing like boys playing football in the street with their shirts off. 

Just your normal Texas sunset.  

I didn't even remember we had a pressure washer courtesy of my Dad.  
It has been some FUN work for me!  This is my jam. 

More football.

I mean, it is perfect!  

Bought a couple of pots and flowers. 



Brody never got to be Wonder of the Week at school.  His teacher had all the kids who missed out go on and make their All About Me Poster to share with the class on their weekly HR Zoom. 

Just a little game playing too. 

The boys found Mickey Mouse on the tv one morning.  They actually sat there and watched an entire episode.  Thought it was hilarious.  Took me back to the younger years. 

This was ONE kid's food for three days last week.  We have loved going and getting the free food. The boys love it and it makes my life MUCH easier. 

Sitting outside waiting for ice cream....much be Wednesday. 


We did a TON of nightly strolls last week.  I'm telling you, the weather at night is amazing.  It feels like we are at the beach. 

We love seeing the animals. 



Living his best quarantine life. 

This last Friday, May 1, Texas opened up restaurants at 25%.  Honestly, we were ready to sit down on a patio and eat.  The boys and I grabbed lunch and it was glorious.  We ate an insane amount of chips and salsa.  Also to note, no one was in there with us so it really was no different. As we were leaving, a couple of ladies in their 70s were walking in to eat.  That is all we saw. 

Our neighborhood pool is still closed because of Covid.....Boooooo. 
And it was 90 last week so....we went old school and hooked up the sprinkler to the trampoline.  
Hours of fun!


They've been doing some big drive-thru Antibody testing around here lately.  The city I work in had a big drive Saturday.  The morning was for healthcare providers and the afternoon was for Coppell residents.  My boss encouraged us to have the antibody test since our work was opening up this week.  
The boys and I hopped in the car and drove to Coppell.  (John is still working every weekend) 

It was a simple finger prick.  Once done, they had us leave the site but stay in the area.  They were rapid tests and they would text us the results in 30 min.   Unfortunately, I didn't get a text, I got a call.  We thought it was very possible I would test positive for the antibodies since I had a cough for 2-3 weeks and did lose my sense of taste and smell.  

There are two types of antibodies they test for.  IGGs which are considers "old" antibodies and you are no longer contagious.  IGMs which are "new" antibodies and there is no way to know if you are still contagious or not without a Covid nose swab.  So they called and said I had IGM antibodies and had to go back to have a Covid nasal swab.....UGH.  Which meant our family had to be quarantined until we got results which would take 3-5 business days.  Yikes.  
*Even though I tested positive for the acute antibodies, knowing my symptoms were so long ago the doctors assumed I would have a negative Covid test but it was irresponsible not to be 100% sure*

So the waiting game began. 


We had already preordered food from Joe T. Garcia's for Saturday.  It is the most iconic restaurant in Ft. Worth and is the best.  We did still pick up the food and it was wonderful to drive downtown on a beautiful day!  Oh the small joys in life these days. 

I also told John I had had enough.....it was time for a quarantine haircut for him too.  He finally agreed.  And once I used the clippers on the back and side, it was already such an improvement!  SOOOOOO much better!!!  

And more garden pictures.  It is so crazy to me how quickly they grow.  
But the sun and heat will do that!!

Tomatoes 

Cabbage


We sprayed the kids again on Sunday afternoon.  Ha

We grilled burgers and hotdogs and had a good Sunday.  
(thankfully I had already been to the store for the weekend)

We let the kids think they were going to sleep outside on the trampoline for a while.  They had blast out there snacking and watching the iPad BUT Mason's sleep walking has been out of control.  We did not want him walking off.  So right before it was time for bed, we moved them into the playroom to have a sleepover and they were happy with it.  


Monday started another week of homeschooling.  Science was about tadpoles and frogs so we went on an adventure to the creek. 


What we learned is that tadpoles are very quick.  Ha.  But after sweating our tails off trying to catch one, we finally did. 


Our neighbor Owen had a birthday Monday.  We at least decorated the car and did a fun parade. 

It was super fun because several kids were in the line who Mason goes to school with.  We got to wave and say hi and the boys loved it. 

Lots of outdoor sports still happening. 

And Tuesday was Cinco de Mayo.  I had chicken tacos at home and we were able to pick up free chips and salsa from the church.  We added some homemade margs to the mix and had a great night at home.


Wednesday, the Blue Angels were flying over DFW to honor all the doctors and nurses on the frontline.  We decided our best option to see them was over in Alliance since it looked like they would be turning to there.  I picked up Sonic for the boys and we sat by our car.  It was a fun day!


It was pretty cool!




Wednesday was a huge day because it is also ice cream truck day!  Ha.


John and Mason worked on a new trick last night...


But don't think its all glorious over here.....this is an "accidental" slap by big brother on little brother's back.  I mean how does that happen!??!  Ha.


Also, I finally got my Covid test back this morning.  It was negative!!  So I have already been to the grocery store!  Ha.  This means I can enter back into the real world.  I will actually be working a couple of hours tomorrow (the boys will go to the office with me).

I am also going to look into donating plasma!

No comments:

Post a Comment