Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Back to a Hard Reality



We got home from the beach and were tired.  But we ALL had to go to work the next day.  Ha. 
John and I both had full days at work and the boys were getting up early to go to our neighbors house.

Our cucumbers were huge. 

It was good to see that TX sky!


We are back to reality around here.  I am working more days than normal.  My coworker quit due to Covid and it is impossible to hire anyone new at this time.  I am bringing the boys up to the office for all of June on my "off days" for half days.  It isn't fun for them but it isn't fun for me either.  These are just weird times we are in and we are making it work. My office is also picking up some half days on Friday.

So not only are we crazy busy with work life.....baseball is BACK. Like big time back.
And did I mention it was hot?  Like really hot. To be honest, it has been hot since we returned from the cruise.  AC has been on the entire time as well as shorts.  It is summer.

Mason had baseball last weekend and Brody got to scrimmage with them at the end. 


It was nice to sit with the parents and watch the kids play. 

There's our lefty. 


I picked up peaches from the Georgia Peach Truck and havent been in a line like that in ages.  I cannot explain how long this line was....well it ended further than this picture. 



But they were delicious and the boys and I had a million.


John and I hanging on the patio while the boys play football.


This kid was finally off to practice.  Because he is with the town's team, he had to wait a little while to have practice.  He was pumped.


John's birthday was last week.
The boys wanted me to send him a picture that morning to say Happy Birthday.
We were walking into my office for a half day and John had already left when we got up (which means he gets to work too early.  Ha)

This is what they do the entire four and a half hours.....


I cleaned Brody's teeth last week and couldn't believe it when I saw he had an abscess!  Totally shocked.  I don't routinely look into his mouth, especially if he isn't complaining about anything.  It was the tooth he had a small filling on....it just happens sometimes for no reason.  Crazy.  So off we went back to Dr. Kristen for her to remove it.  He had NO idea she gave him a shot or that she was pulling it until it was over.  Talk about good pedo dentistry.




John wanted homemade pizza for his birthday......I couldn't convince him to do anything fancy.


And I made a homemade chocolate pie that never set....talk about a fail.
I quickly ran to the store to pick up an ice cream cake.

This is 37.

Brody was excited to find tooth fairy money but was a little disappointed it wasn't $10 and only $5...


These kids are living their best life.  They do have to go to my work for a few hours Monday and Tuesdays (and some Fridays) but when we get home, they play or swim with friends.  Then my full days to work, they go to my neighbors house and play video games, play outside, visit the ice cream truck, and swim.   What a life.


I was FINALLY able to go to the Friday pool party in the neighborhood.  I have missed two parties (the boys and Mom went to one while I worked).  I was off all day Friday and so excited.  We had the BEST time. 







That summer tan.....


I told you it had been hot....it seems to just be getting worse.  No rain and lots of heat.
Brody has a double header on Tuesday fyi.....


Mason had a big scrimmage on Thursday night and a practice in the middle of the day on Saturday.  Mix that in with swimming all week and all day Friday, he is beat!  The heat will get ya.

He has been playing a lot of 3rd base and we love it.  He has been AWESOME.



 Tournements start next weekend for us!


 It is a brand new baseball team so we had lunch after practice.
Parents at one table and kids at another.   Nice way to end a hot practice!


More haircuts.
I even ordered new scissors for next time!

 Brody had a double header Sunday afternoon.  We sat around allllll day waiting.  We decided to get the kids out for a short walk before getting ready.  We walked down to check out the playground and pool.  My neighbors and I have been getting after the board. They didn't want to open it at all until we put up a big fight.  It will open soon but it appears someone has already been using it. Mason said they were smart how they used the chairs to climb over....

These rebels also played on the playground illegally..... but no worries.  I had already told the board that we were not going to drive over to use the city's playgrounds....we would just climb over the orange tape auto use outs and that's what we did. 


First games of the season!

It was so hot but so so fun!
We are definitely experiencing a hot Texas summer this year.

Watermelon break between games.



 The kids did great.  They won both games and had so much fun.  I mean the parents had fun too but we were complaining about the hot sun the entire time.  Ha.


Brody did develop a rash Sunday and it bothered him all day as well as Monday.  It traveled all over his body.  Guess he's allergic to Penicillin.  No more for him!

 A double header, 98 degree weather, not home until 9:30....a tired boy the next day.
But no worries, he bounced back for practice Monday night!

Our friends found out the boys were coming to the office with me a couple of days during the week.  They offered to keep the kids today while I worked.  We said no but they insisted and of course the kids wanted to.  Brody was in heaven hanging with his best friends outside of baseball and school.  Mason went along for the ride and had fun also.  They all had donuts and kolaches to start the morning off right.

 And watched a Star Wars movie after hours of baseball and nerf wars.

All three in one chair!


Brody had a little incident with the big kids in the hood.  His tooth became a bit loose and needed to come out.  Thankfully, it was hurting him enough to eat that he decided to pull it today himself.  He doesn't have many teeth left at this point!


We have another double header tonight, a scrimmage Thursday, and leave for Tyler, TX for a tourney Friday!  Baseball is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment