Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2020

World Series and Grandparent Visit


A lot of baseball has been played since my last post.  Brody had TEBA games two weeks ago.  
He was ready and toothless. 

It was a beautiful night!

They had a bit of fun to end their last practice before the World Series. 
Slip N Slide to work on those sliding skills. 

We went to Tyler, TX last weekend for Mason's first tourney of the season. 
We didn't have games until later in the day Saturday so the boys had a blast at the pool Friday night. 





Even with Covid, we were able to get a party of 25 in a private room for breakfast!

The hotel was so accommodating.  It was their first weekend to be full so they were just as excited as we were that baseball was back. 

Resting after breakfast before the games. 

Ready to play FINALLY.
This is the first year John is an assistant coach on the team. 



Love the new unis. 

And this new team.  We finally dropped down to our age group.  But these kids all want to be out there and are all great kids.  They don't give up....ever.  


Cheering the 8U team before our games started. 

Little bros are back together again. 

Mason has been playing a lot of 3rd this year. 
I missed him catching the pop up but this was after he got the third out of the inning. 


Here is your first base coach. 
(And the dude who knows the rules and gets after the umps.)


Mason has been pitching a little.  He has done okay.  He doesn't throw wild, which is good, but he has walked several batters (so close to that strike zone but just not quite there).  He has been able to get out of the innings, but they will keep working on it.   I brought my real camera because I knew he would be pitching. 



He HATES these pictures of his face.  He looks like this every time.  Ha.

We got to play under the lights. 
We tied the first game (should've won!  So close) and lost the second game.  
We were excited because they played hard and never gave up.  For their first games ever, they did well.  It was a very hard tourney!


Day 2. 


Early morning back at the fields.  
These little guys with blue eyes watched from the wagon.  

Mason was pitching so I had to walk away.  Ha  
But so many people watching!

They won their first bracket play game but lost the second.  

So very proud of them!


It was a HOT weekend too.  These guys were exhausted and fell asleep on the way home. 
But they needed rest because Brody's World Series started Monday! 

Got the rat back from being boarded. 

And I quickly had to wash baseball uniforms....nasty mud water. 

 So I agreed to work the week of the World Series before I knew baseball would even be back.  I worked morning only Monday, Tuesday, and Friday and my full days on Wednesday and Thursday.  John had to take off the entire week because every single game was in the middle of the day.  I guess they think select ball player's parents don't work.  Lol.

Thankfully, my friends all sent me videos every time Brody came up to bat!



But I was also able to watch any games I missed on GameChanger (in between patients). 


Kona Ice truck at the ballpark everyday.  
These kids had a fun week!



Judy and Larry got in Monday night!  The week was even crazier because Mason played in a Tuesday/Wednesday tourney (middle of the day) this week also.  I know, I know, it's all so crazy.  Ha. 

We had the help of friends Tuesday so everyone could go to Mason's games.  I was able to get off work and catch half of Brody's first game.  LOVE this picture of him walking in with his very best friend. 

I was supposed to keep him in the ac in between games this day but he was begging to see some of Mason's games.  We went to In and Out and ate inside to cool off.  Since Brody was playing in Flower Mound and Mason was in Mckinney, it kind of made sense to check out Mason's games. 

There he is. 


Waiting on that wild pitch to steal home. 

We did make Brody sit in the shade. 

Calling pitches. 

The Dirtbags won their first game but lost the second.  But they made a push to come back in that second game.  And if they hadn't hit a grand slam....we could've won!  Ha. 


We all made it back to see Brody's second game of the day. 

And for kona ice.....



These kids have NO teeth!

Wednesday, they both had games again.  Mason and John had to leave the house at 6am to get the McKinney!  They left before I left for work which is nuts. 

They ended up losing that bracket play game which stinks.  
But they didn't go down without a fight!

Brothers working the scoreboard for the Indians. 
Unfortunately, the week didn't go as planned for Brody's team either.  They went 3-2 in pool play games but then lost the first bracket play game shockingly.  They still had a blast and that is more important. 

I got home from work Thursday night and we were able to finally jump in our pool.  It wasn't without millions of emails demanding the HOA open the pool!  I fought for this thing so we are going to use it every day we can!!!!  Haha.   We had pizza delivered to the pool and all enjoyed a nice evening!



We went back Friday once I got off work to meet friends. 
This kid had his goggles on our walk over. 


We decided to go out to eat Friday night.  We chose Joe T's since it is a massive patio garden.  The problem with Joe T's every single time you go is that there is a HUGE line to get in.  But good news is you always order a pitcher of (very strong) margaritas so you don't even notice the wait. 

But these kids seemed to notice.  Ha.  
It took an hour but it is always worth the wait!


We "forced" Brody to put his shoes and socks back on..... 

We just love eating out there.  The garden is beautiful and food is fast.  
When there are no menus and only two food options, its pretty simple!

It was a beautiful night until the rain started but we were able to enjoy our meal before it came!


Brody is asking for a real dog for his birthday....he just wants to hold them and Emma certainly won't allow it!

Judy and Larry (and the girls) left yesterday.  We were sad to see them go!  Its always a fun time!

Saturday morning, Brody's team had a little hitting practice at the cages.  They also had some fun competitions such as fence sitting.  They were pained here.... Lol. 

That unexpected rain on Friday night cancelled Mason's pool play games Saturday. Boo.  We did get in another pool day.  And as you can see here, there are sooooo many people at the pool so we are at such a high risk of getting Covid.....I mean I don't know what these HOA members were thinking but I have NEVER seen more than two families at a time at this massive pool.  I think I will send this picture to them to assure them that we will not sue them for getting Covid....


Mason's tourney was so huge that they couldn't really change the format.  All they did was move the pool play games to Sunday and first and second seed will get rings.  Kind of stinks.  

But what stinks even more is that we woke up with unexpected rain in the forecast this morning also.  We are sitting around here watching the radar to see what happens (on Father's Day at that).  This tourney is played in so many cities and we are in a better situation than others.  Praying no rain in Mesquite so we can play ball!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment