It has been a while! I have some catching up to do. We had no baseball games for the last few weeks so we haven't done too much around here. I have been working a lot, the boys have had practices, school started, and finally baseball games started (for one).
This guy was excited to start practices for the Keller Knights.
I will note, it is much easier to get into popular restaurants during a pandemic.
These boys have had a great summer. I have worked on my days off but just the mornings, so we have had the afternoons to hang with friends. On the days I worked a full day, they go to our neighbors house and play all day. They went out to eat, they swam A TON, and they played Xbox. Basically, the entire neighborhood gang hung out all summer. There were even more people to hang with because two of our good girlfriends lost their job during the Pandemic. They really had no desire to find anything new during the summer so the neighborhood had a FUN summer (minus me working a ton).
We haven't missed out hitting lessons.
I forgot to mention we did "Fun Fridays"all summer. All the Moms met at a pool with children food, and margaritas. So. Much. Fun. (But also so much weight gain!)
Stayed out a little too long this one particular Friday.
We booked a time slot for Top Golf one Saturday night.
The boys invited our neighbor and we all had a blast.
Date night with children. Ha.
I would say hat is more of a baseball swing than golf....
And finally, back to school!!!
Brody started 2nd grade and has Mrs. Moore. We were so excited to have her!
Mason started 5th grade at Middle School.
He has a lot of teachers and a crazy 8 period schedule. I would list them all but it has changed a MILLION times. It has been crazy. They had less than two weeks to get the schedules made and it was NOT enough time. With remote learners and face to face, it has been INSANE. I feel bad for the kids and all the changed but I also feel bad for the schools and teachers.
They have to wear masks at all times. The first three days (Wednesday-Friday) were just half days for the teachers and kids to get acclimated. School looks VERY different but we are still thankful to be able to choose what is best for our child!
Middle school bound.
Thankfully, we are doing carpool this year. My neighbor will pick up the kiddos on the days I am working but we are switching up on my off days as well. These 5th graders had never been to the school prior to the first day. We were so glad they had each other to walk in with. They did make them walk in the doors 6ft apart right after they got out of the same car. Ha.
We had a back to school brunch to celebrate those kids getting OUT OF THE HOUSE!
I have never seen them so happy to be back in school!!!
We spend Friday nights at hitting.
But friends and margaritas make it so fun!
Brody's team started their season last weekend with the Keller warm up tourney. Unfortunately, our uniforms weren't in, but they still had a blast! I had to miss the games Saturday while setting up for a surprise birthday party.
My neighbor and friend turned 40 so we had a fiesta!
This thing was fun but so dangerous.....
The party was going to be outdoors (we set up tables and all kinds of fun things) and then it stormed sooooo bad. It wasn't even on the forecast. Party had to start indoors and away from the tornado like winds!
I did get to watch the games Sunday!! They did so well all weekend and went 4-0.
What I didn't mention about Saturday was right before Brody's games started and I went to help set up for this big party, Mason's school called us to let us know he had been exposed to two Covid cases and he has to quarantine for the next two weeks. That was all. Didn't saw how close he was or anything. THEN about an hour later, they announced there was another Covid case in 5th grade and the entire grade was shut down. After talking to a million 5th grade Moms, turns out it was all teachers. Process of elimination told us who it was because those three teachers were NOT there Friday. They were already sick. The kids wore masks the entire time, sat 6ft apart, AND was only in school for 2 half days while those teachers were there (they were out Friday). Those teachers somehow got Covid before school even started for the year. All that to say, we had to call everyone and let them know. Brody was cleared to play baseball and everyone was okay for the party to go on. There were four other 5th grade Moms at that party and it was definitely the talk of the town. People were NOT happy the entire grade it out for two weeks!
Check out this binders they lug around.
Headed to week two of school all by himself!
If you wonder if Brody was jealous Mason got to stay home.....it was quite the opposite.
More like "I get to go to school and you don't!"
What a mess "going remote" was since the schedules weren't even completed and nothing was set up online. We had a free pass Monday and work began Tuesday. Their face to face teachers are the ones teaching from home and then the sick teachers have substitutes that are certified teachers since they are running school online.
Of course, my schedule at work was a mess. I was working 9-2 on my off days while the kids were in school. Mason came to work with Monday but then went to my neighbors house the other days. My boss and I decided this would be the last week for me to pick up any extra shifts with the way they handled school and Covid. This will not be a good year for me to work any extra!
Thankfully, they handed out Chromebooks on that Friday to all the 5th graders...
(I had to work and Dad may not have noticed that hair on Brody's head.)
Just another day online learning.
Jack is jealous and wanted in there so bad!
John had his NFL Fantasy Football Draft. Thanks to Madden on xbox, our boys know EVERY player for any team. They were all about it and helped him draft.
It was college color day too!
Asking me to walk away while he zoomed with his class. Ha
Brody got his new uniform in and he cannot wait to wear it this weekend!
Madden21 came in yesterday. They have been checking the mail daily. They got a game going last night after dinner. They SMOKED their father. Ha. He swears they had a cheat code.....
It has been a wild start to school, but we survived!
Ready for Covid to be over so we can get on with our lives!
Very thankful we have had neighbors and baseball to get us through!
Now if we could just start SEC football, life would feel ALMOST normal!





















No comments:
Post a Comment