Well it has officially gotten cold here so we busted out the coats. Bro Bro is not a fan of wearing a jacket.
And when I said cold, I meant iced over. Only the bridges and overpasses were affected but goodness, it took forever to get to work
John and I took off Friday so he could have a minor procedure done. We took the boys to Gibson's for donuts before school.
I think they liked it.
John was able to get his port-a-cath out. We had been told that it is ideal to leave it in until you are cancer-free for two years. Fortunately for John, he had RPLND surgery and it is very unlikely his cancer will return. We asked his doctor at his last appointment if he could have it out, and he agreed that it should not be a problem.
John is not a fan of the port. I mean, they are heaven sent during chemo treatments. We are so thankful he was able to have one. But it is a constant reminder when he looks in the mirror of what he went through. People notice it in the summer at the pool, and you can even see it through some of his shirts.
This was his fourth surgery since this past December and hopefully the last!
It was a great day!
It was a great day!
Saturday morning we had breakfast again together. This time at Cracker Barrel. We obviously love food in our house. We worked on teaching Mason (with the crazy hair) how to play this fun game.
But it's hard when your little bro (who needs a major haircut) steals some of the pegs.
Which movie to watch? Tough decision.
I began not feeling too well Saturday after breakfast and by the time all the good football games were coming on, my head was in the toilet. I'm assuming it was the stomach bug but whatever it was, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I literally lost a day and a half of my life. John locked me in the bedroom with Lysol. I could've died and no one would have known...
The boys went insane after being cooped up in the house all weekend.
And I finally started feeling better.
John took Mason to his friend's birthday party at the Fire Museum. I had been looking forward to seeing it myself.
Until next time...












No comments:
Post a Comment