We never got around to carving pumpkins (oops) this year. It has been the busiest fall. I was so glad Mason get to dig out all the pumpkin guts at school. Not to mention....I hate that part of carving pumpkins... it seems to be Mason's favorite.
We did, however, bake Halloween cookies for no other reason than to eat them. =)
And they loved it.
Halloween morning in our new shirts.
My work had us employees in the back dress up as Superheros. Mason was not happy I was Batgirl and he wore jeans and a tshirt.
Fun day of work.
We all rushed home to get ready for the big event. Our neighbors have a big party every year. They had a fire pit and a tv outside playing Halloween movies. Being on a Friday made it even more fun. Everyone dresses up so John and I played the part also.
Mason actually helped us pick out our costumes this year. This is what he came up with:
Mom = Donatello. No boy wants to wear purple. Therefore I had to be "Donny" as he says.
Mason = Leonardo. He is their "leader". Mason is our leader.
Brody = Michaelangleo. "Micky" loves to eat pizza. Brody loves to eat pizza. It just works.
Dad = Raphael. In his own words, "well that is all that's left".
I guess it worked for all of us. Ha.
Mason actually helped us pick out our costumes this year. This is what he came up with:
Mom = Donatello. No boy wants to wear purple. Therefore I had to be "Donny" as he says.
Mason = Leonardo. He is their "leader". Mason is our leader.
Brody = Michaelangleo. "Micky" loves to eat pizza. Brody loves to eat pizza. It just works.
Dad = Raphael. In his own words, "well that is all that's left".
I guess it worked for all of us. Ha.
We had to get one with Splinter....aka Emma.
Brody did NOT want to take anymore pictures...
Brody is on the floor in full blown meltdown in this one.
Ready to go trick-or-treating.
I was a nervous wreck. All the women stayed behind and let the men take the kids this year. It sounded okay until it got really cold and they had been gone for a while. I figured Brody would be over it by then. Of course, I had no idea where they were so I just sat there thinking of horrible outcomes (John being mad, the kids getting lost, or even run over). I don't know why I think like that. Anyways, they all made it back safe and sound.
Brody loved running with the big boys up to the doors. Mason was with his friends. Mason may have gotten lost for a couple of minutes but all ended well. =)
They all came back, bundled up, and watched movies while they went through their candy.
I finally had to drag this one back home to thaw out.
Sweet brothers. Glad they love to be around each other.
Saturday morning John and I headed off to Oxford again. It has been a fun season, but a crazy one. I do love going to these games, but it does get a little exhausting. Im ready to sit at home one weekend and do nothing. But we will be so sad when it's over.
It was a cold one. (notice our season ticket holder friends behind us)
And a devastating loss.
I'm certain I have never seen such a heartbreaking ending to a game in my life.
It is amazing to see how many people from all other fan bases came together in a moment like that to pray. It makes you realize it is more than just a football game.
I love this picture and this team.
Mason had picture day at school. He is growing up too fast.
But he is not adjusting well to the time change. He has always been my child that needs sleep. And he needs a lot of it. Brody is the opposite. He can be short on sleep and still running around like a mad man.
Riding in the car when it is dark outside is just too much for this guy. He didn't wake up until the morning.
We are excited about the weekend. We are taking both boys to the game Saturday and then a bday party on Sunday. Family-filled weekend ahead.









No comments:
Post a Comment