Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Go Away Winter

Well work ended up being cancelled Friday due to more freezing rain.  Oh joy.  

I did actually get the house cleaned and ran a few errands with the boys.  We also made jello.  Apparently, Mason just couldn't wait for it to form and checked it out himself.  When I went to get it out of the fridge, it had little finger prints all in it. 



But I did get them both to fall asleep....even if it was just for a few quiet minutes in the car. 


Fun Friday night here.  We have to entertain Brody if Mason is playing his new video game. 



We got a little break from this awful winter weather on Saturday.  But we got a ton of rain.  

The school had given us four tickets to the Ole Miss v. Tennessee basketball game Saturday night (because we went to that awful bowl game of ours) and Becca and I were going to find a way out of our iced over houses even if we had to fly!



I may have brought the selfie stick.  



We hung out on the square for a bit after the game and had a great time.  


But things sure have changed since we were in school...there's a bull in the bar.  



I embarrassed my husband by getting my picture made with my favorite Ole Miss football player, Denzel Nkemdiche (the smaller one).  But bonus was his little brother (who is giant) jumped in the picture.  He will be famous one day which means I will now be famous. 



Speaking of embarrassing my husband, he has become addicted to Trivia Crack.  You know you have a problem when you burn through your battery playing and then have to sit in your child's small chair to play while the phone is charging.  


All the while Brody is still fighting crime. 


And poor Mason found out that commercial was right, if your phone or iPad's screen is broken, it will cut your finger.  


John had to take his car into the shop so they gave him a loaner.  All they had left was a brand new red Camero.  I have never laughed so hard.  It's a nice car, I just don't see John driving a red sports car.  =)


But these boys were in love.



They called for snow on Wednesday.  Thankfully no ice, just snow.  We waited all day for it and nothing but a few flurries ever started at my work.  This was the beginning of my drive home.


And this was what our house looked like.  Pretty snow!





Brody was happy but he did not like getting wet.  We didn't stay out long because it was getting dark.  I hate it because the next day we went to school and it all melted.  Never even got to build a snowman.



The perfect snow.  Not much in the roads but absolutely beautiful.



Mickey Mouse came over to play this weekend.


We stopped for an ice-cream treat.  It will always taste better with the Cat in the Hat cap.


This one got a milkshake.



It's still fun to go through the car wash with Brody.  He isn't a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment