Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Vacation Part 2 : Birthday Fun

We all woke up excited to celebrate Brody's THIRD birthday at the beach!



It was a highly anticipated day.  
We started out at Hazels for the breakfast buffet.  Pancakes for the bday boy.  
As you can see, he was over the moon excited it was his day.  (although Mason may tell you everyday is Brody's day)



I'm three freeeeee. 


When we realized we booked vacation the week of his birthday (it may have taken a couple of weeks to realize.  oops), we decided we would go to the water park in Gulf Shores on his actual birthday.  


It was a great water park.  Not too big, very organized, and Mason was tall enough to ride every ride in the park.  There were even big tube rides for three people to go at once.  John, Mason, and I had a blast on those.  




Brody really enjoyed two areas, the small kids section and the lazy river.  It did take him a minute to get warmed up to even the smallest slide. Of course, Mickey Mouse and Pops were there to help. 

The park had plenty of life jackets and puddle jumpers available.  
This kid didn't want a tube, he wanted to "swim by myself". 


While Brody was floating, Mason was being a daredevil.  This was a steep drop, but he was so excited to try it.  John and him both went down the blue one, then later Mason and I did the green tube.  It was honestly the fastest water slide I've ever been on, I have no idea why my five year old has no fear! 


He was happy.  


John's splash was just a tad larger....



So.  Much.  Fun.


Finally getting the hang of it.





Water will wear ya out.



John actually asked if Mason beat him this time.  Um, not even close.  John is at the bottom, Mason is just coming out of the tubes at the top.  John gave him a few seconds head start so he would win....but thats hard to do when your child barely weighs 40 lbs.  Poor kid goes so slow.


But it's okay, he had no idea and swore he won.  =)

"The Winner Brothers"
(Their own little club.  I am not invited because I am a girl.  Brody has accepted his invitation.  I was allowed to have a peak into the club once when I cooked a really good dinner...)


After all the fun, we came home excited to open presents.  How happy does Brody look?!




Mason came up with what he wanted to get Brody all by himself.  A batman costume, which is a clever gift.  The child loves Batman.




Happy Birthday!!!


We went out after dinner to play with our new flying birds that didn't fly so well.



Brody would not cooperate.  Too busy putting sand on John's feet.





So we tried again for a picture....just wasn't happening.  =)





So pretty.


The next morning, we started with building sand castles.


Those are Mason's legs in the water.  He spends more time under water than above.



We tried to catch more waves.


But it was so smooth.  No waves in site.


Mason's jaw dropped when I said it was okay to have a Coke at lunch.  He's almost six and never had one.  Can you see the excitement?!


We did our one night of cooking seafood at the condo.  It was amazing as always.


We promised Mason go karts again this year.  Brody was ready for some action this time.  He looks so little in there.  His eyes were bigger than ever but he loved it.


And he LOVED this game at the arcade.

Of course Mason had a little fun at the arcade also.



Just one more post on vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment