Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Spring Weekends


I haven't blogged in a bit.  I keep forgetting and well, we haven't been up to much around here.  
We've enjoyed spring-like weather in February though.  

The whole Brower clan tried out the new park in Collierville.  Hinton Park is similar to Shelby Farms.  They have only finished the first phase and I can't wait to see what they do next.   

They had a couple of fun playgrounds.  I may have crawled up there too.  


If you are wondering, that is sheer panic on that sweet boy's face.  
He is not up for much adventure.  =)


They also had a fun music area.  


After running about a mile around the lake, we with to Chickfila with the rest of the Germantown and Collierville residents.  I think we ended up staying just as long here as we did the park.  The kids were having a blast. 


He just couldn't hang any longer. 


But these two weren't having any problem staying awake.  
Mason is all about making forts these days.  


Sunday afternoon we rode with John to grab something at his work.  Mason was just dying to see what his office looked like.  Look at that smile, he just couldn't contain himself.  


We were doing just fine in the car.  


Mason starts soccer this weekend so we have been practicing while the weather is nice.  




Brody decided to color my wall with purple marker.
#mugshot


Face timing Brinkley. 


Oh the life. 
 Brody loves to crawl in bed with us about 5am every morning.  


Mom tried to give Mason a mohawk one morning as requested. It didn't really end up laying the right way (sorry Mom!).  He came home from school and said his friends told him his hair was in the shape of a butt.  He said when he looked in the bathroom mirror, he couldn't believe what he saw, "Butt Hair!"    Oh goodness, boys will be boys.  
(but to be fair....it is kind of in the shape of a butt....)



Brody does NOT like worms or spiders. 


Hanging out in a tent one night.  


I took Mason and Batman to Target one night.  
There are some battles not worth fighting.  =)


Batman was still with us the next morning heading into his school.  


Walking Mason to school on a beautiful Friday morning.  


I helped host my cousin Tayler a baby shower this past weekend.  



That is 4.5 generations right there.  
We can't wait to meet Baby Ivy. 



Baby David was there.  He is the BEST baby.  He doesn't make a peep!


It is always fun to have cousin time.


Sunday we woke up with scratchy heads....


Well Brody was really the only one with Lice.  Two of his classmates had it Friday.  I washed EVERYTHING Friday night hoping we wouldn't end up with it.  Sunday morning, I spotted two after noticing him scratching the back of his head.  So I washed everything again and treated all four of our hair.

Brody got shampooed a few times!
But really, it wasn't that bad.  We caught it early and had already done so much trying to prevent it, that I think its gone.  Hallelijua!


We broke out of the house for dinner that night.  Tortilla shell anyone?!?



And Mason read a story to Brody before bed (that pb&j was his second dinner).
It is amazing how well he is doing.  All of a sudden, it seems to have clicked.  He has been doing so well these past few weeks in school and we are so so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment