Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Birthday, Shower, and Pumpkins = BUSY


We got home from the trip just in time to celebrate Mason's 7th birthday. 
 How can it be?!  


He had already picked out his presents from the Lego store, but we snuck in one more.  He was invited to a friend's birthday party on his actual birthday.  After explaining there would be no celebration for him at the party, he still decided he wanted to go.  

I felt pretty bad about him going to another party on his birthday, so I figured a Nerf gun would help.  Little did I know that thing shoots off like a rocket.  Ouch. 



I had a baby shower at the same time the birthday party was, so Mom came over to watch Brody for about an hour.  I guess he was still in Florida mode...


After all the parties, we had family pictures later that afternoon.  (I know, how horrible of me!) 
So for dinner, Mason got to choose.  Wherever.  He decided on Chilis.  The ONLY reason is because they have electronic game systems for each kid. =)  And he was so excited because his best friends' cousins came to celebrate.  

We ended the night with a cookies and cream ice cream cake.  
(He is just like me and is not a fan of cake!)



One day last week I took this picture of the boys.  The days are all running together.
Brody had an umbrella parade while they were reviewing the letter U.  Mason wore his class tshirt and was so excited about spraying the principals with water guns for hitting their fundraiser class goal.  


Brody was very excited I FINALLY picked up a pumpkin for us to paint.  His class was having a contest.  Of course he wanted it painted immediately.  


Man oh man.  I never thought I would see the day.  This child has FINALLY decided to try and ride his bike....I mean any bike would have been exciting.  He has figured it out and rides "super fast". 


Mason raised enough money for Pancakes with the Principals.  One of the moms showed me a picture of his pancakes.  Apparentlty there was a toppings bar and they let the kids do it themselves.  I've never seen so much syrup, sprinkles, and marshmallows in my life!


I ran the Color Run 5k with Becca and Reese Saturday morning.  T
he weather was perfect for a run!


Getting paint on you always makes running more fun. 



Look at that cloud of paint. 



We finally made it back to Beale (which meant we were almost done).  They may have messed up the course a bit and made everyone run further than 3.2 miles. 


After the race, we all went home to get ready for Ben and Melissa's baby shower at our house.  
We catered Mexican and I had been worried we wouldn't have enough food.....this bin of chips tells you we had plenty.  








The shower turned out great....even if Ole Miss lost. 


It's always fun hanging out with friends.  =)



Brody woke up with crazy man hair Sunday 


And they just couldn't believe their eyes when they saw those chips. 


Sunday afternoon we decided to go to the pumpkin patch. 
I still can't believe it isn't a little cooler around here yet!




Hayride over to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. 










Found the perfect pumpkins.  

Family selfie.  Ha.  
This was John's idea fyi. 


They had awesome play areas for the kids.  
They had a blast. 


We ended that busy, busy weekend with painting our pumpkin.  
Brody wanted a Robin pumpkin, so thats what we did. 


And he was VERY proud.  




No comments:

Post a Comment