Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Red, White, and Blue


We finally got our full cub scouts uniform.  How cute is he?!



I think they both like going together.
So far, this has been a great experience.  They are teaching them very important life lessons each week.  With everything going on in this world, it is just what a 7 year old boy needs.

Last week was their first hike at one of the local parks.  He and his best bud used their tools to find items on their scavenger hunt.





We've gotten into the habit on Thursday nights of crawling into my bed and reading while John is bowling.  Christmas ads came in last week so you can imagine what we read...


Brody, Brody, Brody.
He does not like writing.  He acts like he can't do it alone and needs your help.  This is even with tracing!  It has been a real struggle.

After doing a great job on his homework Thursday night, I decided to have him try to write his name without looking at anything the next morning.  Go figure, he knew exactly how to write it....all by himself.  His teacher said the day before he told her he didn't know how to trace without her help....really?!

(he is now doing pretty well with his work in school after we found out he actually knows what he is doing....)



Friday was western day at Brody's school.
Mason just looks like a big kid.  =(


John and I met Mason for lunch.  The year is just flying by and neither one of us had eaten with him yet.  He said it was the best day ever.

It was also Mem Pop day at school.


This was my Friday afternoon view...


We woke up bright and early Saturday morning.  We went with the boy scouts to place flags on all the 22,000 veterans' graves.  There was a wonderful speaker we were able to hear and Mason really listened.  Again, this cub scouts thing has taught him so much already.


As you can see by our outfits, it was a bit chilly.

It was a wonderful morning.
(We may have not been told to bring a screwdriver and hammer, so I do think John and I got blisters from jamming those wooden sticks into the hard ground!!!)



Sunday afternoon was our first basketball practice.
He had a ton of fun and I hope it continues throughout the season.

Our basketball goal at home has helped him a lot.


This kid yelled the entire practice "Go Mason!"
Thankfully, there was a playground outside so I was able to quiet him a bit. =)


Daylight savings had us all messed up.  We ate dinner at 4pm....

And fell asleep a bit early.


Brody's school has their book fair this week.
Monday was favorite book character day....


Mason's school participated in the mock election.  I wasn't sure how I felt seeing he is 7 and this election has been so dirty.  But he has definitely formed some opinions after talking to friends.  It is interesting to hear what all the kids are saying.  And he constantly asks us who we are voting for, but he is the LAST person I would tell.  #loudmouth

Interesting that the results are pretty accurate.


Brody's school also voted.
I thought this was adorable.

They to voted for either a rocket popsicle or an ice cream sundae.

And they got suckers after the voted.  =)


Today was Patriotic Character Day.
We choose the Statue of Liberty.  Mason was not initially thrilled because he did not want his brother dressing up like a girl.  I had not even thought about it!

But I think he looked adorable either way.  =)
And he was very excited to wear it.

 But very unhappy to take another picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment