Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  
We started the day off with the Macy's Parade and breakfast casserole.  



Its a tradition. 


We got showered, put on our turkey gear, and left for Mrs. Peggy's house. 


I promised them I would only ask for one picture.  For some reason, my face looks funny but they all scrammed after it was taken and said "No more pictures!"

But I did force a selfie. 



It was a bit weird having Thanksgiving without Mamaw.  She was in charge of the turkey, dressing, her special creamed corn, and we cannot forget her Milky Way Cake.  

My mom and aunts worked on the cake the weekend before, and thankfully, we still had some of Mamaw's corn frozen!


Mrs. Peggy made the dressing and it was perfect.  Mamaw would have been proud of all of us.  (but mad we had mashed potatoes!)  

Although she was missed, we had a wonderful day filled with our large family and a lot of laughter. 


I arrived at Target promptly at 6 to hit the sales.  I pulled up and saw Melissa, who is 39 wks pregnant with a boot on her foot.  That is devoted. 


We got up a few more Christmas decorations Friday. 
The boys were excited about our new Santa. 


John and I went to Oxford Saturday for the Egg Bowl.  Minus the outcome of the game, we had a great day together. 








Sunday was Pops' birthday.  We decided to do brunch which was a great change.  


And then we got to hang out for a few hours....and of course open presents. 


We love our Pops!



Sunday afternoon we did Thanksgiving with the Browers.  
We ate a TON of food again....theme of the weekend. 


And these three kill me sometimes.  They do love each other. 





We are blessed to have so much family around us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment