Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Busy Sports Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend.  It was all fun, but everyone was worn out by Sunday. 

But before the weekend can start, we have to turn our homework in on Fridays. 
Nothing like trying to do homework with your stubborn four year old.  Sometimes he has more homework than his brother!!!


Friday was pj and movie day to end Dr. Suess week.  
He couldn't wait to wear his reindeer Christmas pjs.  Oops. 


Friday night we met the other half of the Brower clan for hibachi food.
So good. 


Reese got to spend the night after.  If you can tell, Brody was beside himself.  I mean Mason is always so happy but Brody was ready to sleep with them in the playroom (which he didn't).  He can't wait for Augo and Griff to come spend the night.....I mean he asks about it every night!


We all stayed up a little late Friday night, and we had a busy day Saturday.
Brody had his best friend's birthday party at SEGA.  Its always a fun one.  



This child does not follow direction well.  
He may have wandered off a bit to check out the trampolines, etc. during the party.  

Ended the party with pizza and donuts.  
Thats a way to this child's heart. 


John and Mason went to the first baseball practice of the season while we were at the party.  John is pretty excited about baseball starting.   They said they had a lot of fun, but were boys and didn't say much else!

Back in January, we bought Ole Miss basketball tickets for Saturday night.  It was the last regular season game of the season and we wanted to try and make one game.  Of course after we bought the tickets, baseball and birthday party came up but the boys were troopers and did great.  

I do think these naps on the way to Oxford really helped though...


They slept the entire drive and when they woke up, it was time to eat at Ajax on the square.  
It is one of my all time favorites and was just as good as I remember it.  

Love the square. 



After dinner, we headed to the game.  


There was a big difference from the game we went to a year ago to today.  Mason was actually very interested in the actual game and really got into it.  He kept asking me "who did the ball go out on".....ummmm I never had any idea.  We finally switched and let him sit next to John.  

He did spot a caramel apple when we first walked in though.  


I would like to say he really cared about the game....but he is a bit scared of heights (we were at the top) and really enjoys snacks.  Those were a priority, but he did pay attention for most of the game. 


We didn't get home until after 11pm, so we let the kids sleep in Sunday morning.  
I asked them to pick up the playroom when they woke up.  Instead, they built a fort with almost everything in the playroom. 

Then they had a competition. 


I guess Brody won at whatever game they were playing.  Mason is dead.  


Monday night we bought more baseball gear.  Have I mentioned John is excited?!?
Then we had a quick dinner out. 


Mason also found this "cool" hat at Academy.  
I think he thinks he's in fifth grade. 

Brody and I still enjoy Snapchat. 














No comments:

Post a Comment