Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 24, 2017

Staycation


Brody discovered head phones.  
The look on his face was priceless. 


Last Friday was St. Patrick's Day.  No one was pinching us.
It was also the last day of spring break. 


It was a cold spring break, and the boys didn't get to do much at all.  We were trying to think of something fun to do on Friday, so we decided on a staycation.  

Becca and I got adjoining rooms in the Marriot at the Collierville mall. It was a nice hotel and more importantly, had an indoor pool.  We checked in at 3 and started swimming.  The kids LOVED it. 

And the hot tub. 


Lots of four year old conversations went on. 


We ate pizza in the lobby with our own little section and tvs.  
Then they raided the conference room before more swimming. 





Best friends. 
These three have been begging to spend the night together, so they finally got their wish (in matching pjs). 

They were the first to wake (latest Brody has ever slept in before).
Muffins and fruit for the win.  

My kids kept saying "it was the best day ever".  I'm almost positive Brody thought we went out of town.  Staycation = success.


After our long drive home, John and Mason played a little bit of one on one.  


Brody and I headed to a birthday party for one of his classmates at the bowling alley.  They had superhero capes for everyone, and he wanted a picture with it. 


When you don't knock them all down...

Nothing like a little arcade game fun after bowling and pizza. 


We had to do some work on our old house before we put it on the market.  
These guys were worn out by then. 



We headed to Mickey Mouse and Pops' house Sunday to help clean out the attic. 
 We found all sorts of stuff.  Who doesn't need a giant sombrero?!


Brody wasn't impressed....


Mason got his baseball uniform.  They are the Yankees. 


This week has been much warmer outside.  I get home from work everyday and six boys are always handing out.  Biker gang. 

I have no idea why he wouldn't smile, but I think he is #1 too.  


I LOVE his picture proof from school.  So cute.  
This boy has done well in school this year.  Not to mention, he wakes up, changes clothes, brushes his teeth, and combs his hair ALL on his own.  Every morning before school.  (I won't talk about the days we have to make him wear pants....you would think we were killing him.)  He has grown so much.  He still likes to be silly most of the time, but also knows how to be a big kid.  He is growing up too fast.  


John and Mason have been enjoying baseball practices.  (John may enjoy it even more than Mason....and I am not saying Mason doesn't love it.)  I finally got to go to one last night and really enjoyed watching them practice.  First game is this weekend.  


Brody is now wondering when he gets to start playing.  
Think he's sick of observing but does enjoy playing on the playground nearby. 


Now it's time to enjoy the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment