We got back from the beach, unloaded the car, and went to a birthday party for the boys' friend Ethan. He is one of their good friends they both play with after school, and it was a Nerf gun party at a karate place....we couldn't say no.
They had so much fun. It was a great party.
This little guy had a blast too. Once the games were over and it was time to eat, he turned really pale and lethargic. I tried to get him to tell me what was wrong but he kept saying he didn't know. I had to pull him aside and sit him down. He was sweating bullets on his face. I was having a panic attack and ready to call 911 once he started closing his eyes. Ive never seen a kid so lethargic in my life. Thankfully, the other Moms rushed over when they saw him and one said it looked like he was having a hypoglycemic attack....which was exactly what it was. As soon as she said it, I knew thats what it was. I was in such a panic, I never even thought about it. We gave him a juice box and one minute later, the color was returning to his face.
Craziest thing I've ever seen. But he had been dehydrated at the beach and didn't eat much on the drive home that morning. He has had no problems since, so I think it was a one time thing.
Here he is barely big enough to see over the fort.
Sunday afternoon, John and I went to the golf tournament. It's one of my favorite things to do this time of year.
We followed the Ole Miss boy. He is a sophomore and placed fourth in the tourney. Since he is an amateur, he made no money which is crazy to me. Anyways, it was fun following him.
Mason had VBS last week. He had a great time there again this year.
Brody's first swim day of the summer.
First time ever that I told the hairdressers what I wanted and then walked back to the waiting area. Brody told me he was going to be big and wouldn't need my help.
He was perfectly still, and I sat there twiddling my thumbs.
Friday of VBS they do a short program. Me and Mickey Mouse went to watch.
He was front and centered and terrified.
He did good though and had a fun time.
Most of Mason's school friends have a summer YMCA membership. They have an outdoor pool and go a lot during the week. Of course I am working Monday -Thursday, but we can go on Fridays. And of course weekends. Mom also got a membership, so she can take them also.
It was hot and sunny last Friday, so we went....and then it got cloudy and started raining.
We had a going away party for Mark and Jessica. They are moving for a couple of years and will be missed! Hopefully we can take a girls' trip there soon after they get settled in.
Saturday fun.
Done.
Fun in the sun calls for a good dinner. Nothing like greasy burgers when you are exhausted.
Sunday was Father's Day. The boys had made John a card and homemade gifts and couldn't wait to give it to him. Our grill went out a couple of days before so.....he got a new grill. Ha. Oh the joys of adulating.
But he also got a bacon and waffle tower.
It's like pulling teeth to get these two boys in something other than athletic gear.
Donuts and root beer at church for the Dads.
We ate dinner with my parents that night, so we decided to swim for a couple of hours before. No one was there and the kids had a blast,
Even on Father's Day, he's out there playing with them.
Love both pictures of these awesome Dads in our life.
First day of summer camp at CCA.
Mason loves getting to go, and Brody loves his brother being at his school.
Field trip for one, swimming for the other.
Poor JB had a cavity filled, but good news is he gets to take me to lunch after.....whether he could feel his tongue or not.
Dude's hair is lightening up again.
John and Brody threw the baseball back and forth a while. Then Mason joined.
Brody threw a strike here.
Reese turned 9 yesterday. NINE. Crazy.
We met up for dinner or her choice, Gus'.
Brody loves himself some fried okra...
No comments:
Post a Comment