Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 12, 2017

JBs Birthday and the Beach


We left for the beach Saturday, but first celebrated JB's birthday Friday.  Unfortunately for him, he had to work.  Brody made out like a bandit though.  After I left the gym, I picked up donuts for them. Brody woke right on up to get to eatin'.   Mason stayed asleep.  Ha


Mason had his last day of baseball camp with the Cville Dragons.  


He had a BLAST.  I do think that heat wore the little guy out though.  



We had to get the car cleaned out before loading up for the beach.  Thankfully, I had a helper. 


And after dinner and gifts, I had to make John his favorite dessert.  
He loves Lava Cakes made in the Instant Pot. 
We also surprised him with a fishing trip while at the beach. 


Headed out. 


We like to stop for a big breakfast.  Cracker Barrel with these three old men....

A movie and bag of chips.  What more could a kid ask for. 


We all made it.  
The Fites got to come with us this year again.  Mason and Brody were so excited to see Brinkley. 





Beach day 1.  



Think Baby David enjoyed the slide. 




It was sunny, but really rough waves.  I think it scared Brody for the rest of the trip.  As you can see, Mason and Brinkley did not mind them.  They would have sat out there jumping waves 24 hours a day if we had let them.  They were not happy about wearing lifejackets.  Maybe we were being helicopter Moms but it was rough!



Brody decided to stick with the sand castles. 



They decided the wanted to try some boogie boarding.  But as I was trying to help Mason on the board, a huge wave came and slammed his boogie board right into his mouth.  His wiggly tooth that we had been working on fell out!  It was hanging on by a thread.  


Everyone at the beach was super concerned, especially when they saw the blood and tooth dangling.  Once the initial shock took place, he was so excited.  What a story to tell.  =)


Dinner at the Crab Trap. 





Maybe we missed a spot or two. 



Day 2 was definitely windy but sunny.  Of course the kids had no problem swimming in the ocean or pool even if their lips were shivering and purple when they got out. 




They got wiped out a million times in those waves.





Tried to get him in but it was a no go. 






John had been counting their wave count all day.  (They had a game going on to see who fell down the most.)  They thought it was funny to call him their servant until he hosed them down... Ha.


Icees at the pool.

And ice cream sandwiches.







That $5 bill from the tooth fairy burnt a hole into Mason's pocket.


They asked to do silly faces.  I will keep these for their wedding videos.


Dinner at the Hangout.  Not our favorite food, but the kids love playing there all night. 


Unfortunately, Brody missed out on some of the fun...he was sleepy.

We finally got him up and got him out there. 


They love the bungie jumping. 
Here is Mason. 


Brody was pretty apprehensive and excited at the same time.  



He was saying, "weeeeee."


Next up: miniature golf. 



We had to tell him a million times it was NOT a baseball swing.  


They had a fun time....until I beat everyone.  Ha







No comments:

Post a Comment