We got word Thursday night that school was cancelled for Friday due to the predicted weather.
Next step was praying it actually came!
We woke up to sleet. And lots of it.
The boys were begging to go out asap. I held them off a couple of hours until I couldn't anymore.
Thankfully, our ski gear still fits.
Next step was praying it actually came!
We woke up to sleet. And lots of it.
The boys were begging to go out asap. I held them off a couple of hours until I couldn't anymore.
Thankfully, our ski gear still fits.
We were getting pelted with sleet while out there, but they loved it.
Everything was clearly frozen....
We were def the first ones out. Got the trusty sled out, and took it for a spin.
We ended up playing in the middle of the street the entire weekend. Hardly anyone came by and it was a sheet of ice.
And it was so much fun!
Unfortunately, John had to go into work but the three of us had a great time.
We probably came in and out 10 times throughout the day. But the boys wanted to stay out for long periods of time. They had NO problem staying out there even though it felt like 10 degrees. But they did have good winter gear on.
We headed back out when the neighbors came out.
Conner didn't know what to think about it.
Mason pulling Gabe.
They just love having friends to play with on days like this.
And of course they love having each other too.
It finally switched to snow!!!
"Smile, Brody."
"Smile, Mason." haha
Mr. Sam could pull them super fast.
Finally got Teagan out for a split second.
She did NOT like the cold.
This big guy did.
Nothing like a neighborhood game of baseball in the snow.
All the while Laura Lee and I rigged up some heat in the garage....
Sledding down the street.....this was 4pm.
We started outside at 9am!
Football.
It was soooooo cold Friday night that everything was solid ice the next morning.
Since it was Saturday, John was off work. We have gone to "the hill" three years in a row when it snows, but John had never been. He has always had to go into work. We have a retention pond down the street that is perfect for sledding. We pulled the kids away from playing with their friends in the 15 degree weather and loaded up the car with the sled and winter gear.
Can't see his cute little face.
Horrible picture of me, but love it.
Mason and Brody both said it was the best day ever. (John and I agreed)
We needed to break out of the house Sunday afternoon.
It was still so brutally cold and ice on the ground.
Healthy snack time....
Two spares in a row.
We had a wonderful weekend, but I think everyone was ready to get back on schedule. MLK day was yesterday, so kids were out of school. John and I had to work.
So we were supposed to start back school today BUT....
it snowed about two inches last night. I mean what in the world.
Another Snow Day today!




















No comments:
Post a Comment