I am behind on my blogging.
A couple of weekends ago, we had Mason's end of the year basketball party. He had really been looking forward to it.
John, Brody, and myself bowled a game since we were there.
Brody tied with me....
Coach played along with the kids. They had a blast.
Giving out trophies.
It was such a fun basketball season.
It was such a fun basketball season.
We went to church Sunday and then had to run by John's office.
The boys were excited to see it.
John put Mason to work. Made him water his plant.
It was finally a beautiful day Friday.
I took the boys to school, and then headed out of town.
Warning, I'm about to post a lot of pictures of the same thing....BUT it was a weekend to remember. My dental hygiene friends and I went to Nashville and stayed with Karen. We had a BLAST.
It had ben forever since we all hung out, but we picked up where we left off.
We got to Nashville starving, so we headed straight to Bakersfield for tacos.
I cannot wait to go back there. Ha
We shopped at Greenhills for a bit before heading to the nail saloon for pedicures.
We went back to Karen's for pizza and girl talk by the fire on her back porch.
We woke up early (like the Moms we are) and had plenty of coffee and time to get ready for our brunch reservation.
We shopped for a couple of hours and then hit up Broadway.
Who goes to Nashville and doesn't Honkey Tonk?!
It could have been about 10 degrees warmer, but the sun was out so who cared?!
We headed back to Karen's to get ready for dinner. We stopped by The Hermitage for a drink and to check out the bathroom before dinner.
This is the famous men's bathroom.
Of course I knew nothing of it, but it was pretty cool.
We had dinner at Gray and Dudley which was in an art building. The restaurant has these blue penguins as "mascots". That sucker would just appear at the table every now and then. And of course the food was amazing.
Also, everyone kept face timing their husbands to talk to their kiddos. All their girls (they all have at least one) would text or call on their own asking when their mom would be home. I figured I should facetime then too....and all I got was John cooking up some wings and the kids playing outside. Wayyyyy too busy to talk to me. And when I got home, no welcome home banner for me....just an empty house. They had gone to the baseball fields. Ha.
But no really, I'm so thankful to have such an awesome husband. The kids didn't skip a beat and had a great weekend, even if it included some McDonalds....



No comments:
Post a Comment