I am a bit behind. We have actually been very busy!
We had a Back to School Bash Friday before last at the school.
The kids had a blast, and John and I were able to meet up with the parents I had already met as well as new parents. We REALLY love the school.
One of our neighbors saw me in the car pool line, introduced herself, and gave us an invite to her son's birthday party. It is something I'm not sure I would have the guts to do, but I am so thankful she dis! (And I will try to be in the future!)
Her son is in Mason's grade, so there were lots of kids from school as well as neighbors.
(until this....we really didn't think there were many kids in the new hood)
They were all so welcoming and the kids had a blast.
We tried out a church Sunday. A couple of school parents had invited us to attend. It seemed similar to what we were used to, and there are a lot of Shady Grave kids there.
They were starting a new series and had all kinds of fun things. (which means the kids had a blast....ha) But really, they knew multiple kids in each class, so it was great.
Mason's braces needed a quick fix. I needed to find a new orthodontist anyways, so this made me check that off the to-do list instead of procrastinating. So far, I have been impressed. Mason was really impressed with the video games....
If this doesn't scream boys' backyard, I don't know what does. We are so thankful Grandma Judy got Brody a new basketball goal for his birthday and had it sent to TX!
College Day at school.
I love watching them walk in together when I drop them off.
Baseball practice started up this week.
It was HOT, but both boys enjoyed being out there practicing.
Brody was most excited about getting his jersey.
It was finally time for haircuts followed by frozen yogurt.
I brought lunch to both boys Friday. Brody had never got to experience that since he was in preschool before. He was soooo excited. You get to choose one friend to sit with you, but you cannot bring them lunch. Brody's good friend had his Mom there also, so we all sat together.
Next up was Mason. Their lunches are so spread out, so I had to leave after Brody's and go get Mason's lunch. I was exhausted when it was all over!
Both boys were excited Friday to find a package waiting at the doorstep.
Mickey Mouse sent a care package.
New outfits, art stuff, and candy is the way to their hearts.
Friday night we tried ANOTHER Mexican restaurant. After checking out a few places....we have come to the conclusion there are no "normal" Mexican restaurants here......no white cheese dip, no store-bought flour tortillas, etc. (all homemade thick flour shells or corn tortillas)
It is super sad, but we should be able to manage. I mean I actually asked the waiter, "Is your cheese dip white or yellow?!" Everyone orders guac....no cheese dip. On enchiladas....its a chili sauce.....no white cheese dip. I mean its good for my waistband, but goodness. They do have these fabulous little donut things for dessert....Brody had about 12 of them.
We have had a GREAT Labor Day weekend here in TX. I will blog about that later in the week.




No comments:
Post a Comment