Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Staycation for Us and Vacation for the Boys


We got home from Galveston/Houston to lots of veggies. 


My neighbor/friend is helping watch the boys a couple of days this summer.
They were so happy to get to hold Jack. 

Free movie Tuesday again with friends. 

We met John for lunch for the first time this summer funny enough.  I have no clue why we haven't done it sooner.  The boys were headed to Memphis the next day so we had a fun lunch out together. 

Trip to Target is easier when you offer up icees.  


Another pool visit, but the water is certainly not as refreshing these days.  It is just HOT. 


Brody had a baseball practice with the little dirtbag team.  He is not going to be a dirtbag this fall, but they wanted him to practice last week with them.  He thought he was something else wearing the dirtbag outfit. 


Friday morning, the boys and I got in the car to head half way between here and Memphis.  The meeting place was Hope, AR.  But thankfully, Buc-ee's opened up a stop between here and there!  So exciting!

Mom met us in Hope.  They stopped and had lunch before making the second half of the trip. 

Since Mom brought our rat back to us.....I headed straight back since it was too hot for her to sit in the car. 


The boys have had a very fun week in Memphis, while John and I have eaten out every single meal here in Texas!

First stop that night was checking out the old hood and neighbors.  So happy to play with Levi and Gabe. 

I hurried back home Friday so John and I could have a nice dinner out.  We went downtown to Sundance Square.  We had a drink on the patio of Flying Saucer....and out of all those beers I chose a Miller Lite.  HAHA


We ate at Reata's and it was sooooo good.  We were able to score a table on the 4th floor patio and it was absolutely beautiful up there.  The food was delicious too. 


At night, all the buildings have lights that come on and it is a site to see.  (Well, not as many buildings as Dallas but still, pretty cool.)


After dinner, we stopped and sat at a table on the square.  
So many people were out and about and it is just so fun.  It is so neat to have so many families and people hanging out downtown in such a big city.  


We will have to take the boys back at night for a fun dinner on a patio somewhere, then they can jump in the water fountains after. 

Saturday, the boys went to their best cousin/friends house allllll day.  Had the time of their life!

John and I had a late brunch Saturday morning and then headed to the pool for a bit.  It is a really weird feeling not having anything to do or kids around when your life revolves around them!  I had already had plans to celebrate a mom's birthday on Mason's baseball team.   We did an escape room and dinner. 


Sunday, John and I had plans to go to a Ranger's game (don't tell the boys).  John's boss gave us his tickets, and John invited a coworker and his wife.  We had a good lunch at Texas Live and went to the game after. 

One of Mason's teammates was out there on 2nd base getting an autograph!
I also must mention we almost died from heat exhaustion.  There was no breeze in our seats and it was terrible.  Thankfully, there was a breezeway we could hang in when it got unbearable. 


It rained a lot in Memphis but the boys still were able to go in the backyard at my parents and throw to each other. 

And they had homemade ice cream sundaes with Mrs. Peggy and Darlene. 

On oe of the rainy days, they met up with old friends at Get Air. 


And had ice cream. 

Mason also got his "white cheese dip".  We have been craving it since there is none in TX.  People also don't refer to it as cheese dip, it is called queso and they laugh at me everytime I say it....


They also got to go back to the old neighborhood to see the rest of the gang for a game of baseball in the front yard like the good ole days.


John and I played Top Golf that night.  I had never played before and he had only gone once with work.  It was so much fun.  And I do believe the boys would love it!




At one point, I was winning.  It went downhill from here....

We also tried out different restaurants every night in fun areas.  We have a had a great week and so have the boys.  I thought they would miss us but don't think they have!  

I'm just thankful to know John and I still love our time together.  I mean a couple of days away is one thing, but a full week at home alone....you quickly find out if you like each other or not!  And thankfully, we do!

We are off to Memphis tonight for the weekend, and then we will all head back West Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment