Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A Weekend of Fun


Brody had a dentist appointment on Friday.  Already getting out of school early!  He actually had a cavity....I know, I know, awful dental hygienist mother over here.  We went to the peds office in Keller and they were awesome!  (as well as Brody)

We had some friends over after school.  Charolette and Mason were hiding for hide-n-go seek.  I had NO clue he was up there and she totally ratted him out!

Backyard baseball


Saturday, we ran lots of errands and let the kids just play.  We met some neighbors at the pool for a fun night of swimming.  

The boys had races going on on the other side of the pool. 

There were four 4th grade boys and one 1st grade boy who loves playing with his brother's friends. 

So much fun. 

Three of us are in the bunco group, the other is always subbing for us.  It was night to get together and no one had to host at their own pool and dirty up their house!  The kids swam, the adults chatted, and we all ate pizza.  It was a perfect night.  We will be doing again soon!


And the sunset was absolutely beautiful!! 
I've never seen anything like it!


Sunday morning before church. 



We thought we were going to be bored all weekend (until we weren't!) so we bought tickets to the Ranger game Sunday afternoon.  It was going to be super hot so the tickets were cheap.  The boys have been dying to sit down close to the field....I was thinking more about all you can eat and shade but not them.  Ha. 

When I say it was super sunny and hot.....I mean it, supper sunny and hot.  
I thought we were all going to die!

But this kid wanted a ball soooooo bad. 

And as you can see, only a few of us idiots were there to watch....(but our seats were good)
Next year they will have the new stadium with a ROOF!  Cannot wait. 

Brody and I went and sat up in the shade.  The nice people there were encouraging people to sit in the shade.  Ha. 

But he was relentless.  Thankfully, a sweet kid got two balls and gave Mason one!

But that meant Mason wanted a bad for Mason...there they are watching. 

We found out that one of Brody's teammates and his Dad were there, so John and Brody went to find them.  So here is Mason....waiting for a ball!

And then he got smart and moved even closer to where they were throwing them.
Unfortunately, they threw him one and some old man jumped in front of him to get it!  Rude!  I was able to convince him to walk around in the shade after that!

We found friends and got free popsicles!



And good news we survived.  I didn't know if we would there at the end.  And look at Mason's legs and his tan lines from those tall socks.  Ha. 


It was a SUPER fun weekend which makes it hard to wake up Monday morning for school!!!
Back to the grind this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment