Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Another Weekend of Baseball



The boys working on hitting before our hitting coach showed up at the facility. 

Friday night we went to our favorite, Torchy's Tacos. 

Mason also managed to break his Nintendo Switch after he had already killed his iPad a few days before.  Poor thing walks around and runs into things such as furniture all the time....twice in one week probably means you need to pay a little more attention. 


Brody was the only one with games Saturday, so we were all able to support the Keller Indians. 



We played on awful fields, but oh well. They had a blast!



We got home right after the Ole Miss/Bama game started.  We were never supposed to win, but being ahead after the first inning.....I had to document. 
Spoiler alert: we got smoked. 


We had a fun birthday party for our neighbor that night down the street.  So fun, but we had to be back early because Brody had EARLY games Sunday. 

We had to be at the fields 40 minutes away from our house by 7:15am.  I mean we left at 6:30 and it was pitch black.  

But the sun came up and they played awesome.
Brody has been hitting so well.  He's been great on defense too.  He and his best friend Nathan shut out one of the opposing team's best players by catching hard hit line drives/pop ups to the outfield every time he came up.  Shady Grove power they said. 





They won the first game but lost the second.  It was close.  They have been struggling a bit (but also playing much better teams) but had a good day Sunday!




Them finishing at 10:30 meant Brody and I could see most of Mason's games.  We packed up and headed to McKinney which was a little over an hour away.  I have seen 15 of Brody's games this fall and only 1 of Mason's until yesterday (this is only Mason's second tournament this fall though).

Little #8 is ours. 





Of course as well are walking in, he had his first at bat and hit a triple and cleared the bases.  I don't know why I always miss the big ones.  Ugh.  


He has been on fire though.  He hit a triple, single, and walked.
Couldn't have done much better. 


And the one video I got of him was his walk.....



And Brody was happy to see his best buds. 

Mason's team went 1-1.  Won the pool play game and got a good seed but then lost the first bracket play game.  Ugh.  Maybe next time!


We headed back home but stopped for pizza first.  We were all exhausted. 

And dirty.  I mean how am I supposed to get this all cleaned off!?!?  
Brody has to slide so much more now and Mason even slid headfirst yesterday on a wild pitch stealing home.  All I could think about was the laundry!!!


But we all went to bed early and woke up this morning!  John had an early flight out to Phoenix.


Brody used his Starbucks at school to buy a "bring a stuffed animal to school" ticket.  
He chose his Disney World arcade prize and took to school Monday. 


And that's a wrap.  Ready to do it all over again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment