Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 23, 2019

Last Weekend Before Christmas


I waited to get the boys' wellness checkups until they had both turned a year older (or I forgot to get Brody's done).  Either way, we went a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to jot down their height and weight:

Mason (10)   67.6 lbs - 4'7 tall
Brody (7)   51 lbs (after possibly having the Flu for a week)   4 1/2 ft


I am one of the room Mom's in Brody's class this year.  I said I could do either Mason or Brody's but not both.  We always have three room Moms per class so it isn't too bad!  We did a Candyland theme and it was so cute!







Lots of sweating and running around but it was fun. 






Mason's class party was the hour before Brody's which was the same time we were decorating the room.  I ran down there to try and catch a bit of it, but they ended early.  They decided to do the entire 4th Grade in the cafeteria since they are the oldest in the school.  I do think they had a blast playing games and then got to play outside the rest of the afternoon.

He did get to run down to Brody's room while we cleaned up and I did snap this picture. 


We have had some warm days and some cold days!  I love when they can play outside.  This was all the neighborhood kids burning off the sugar they ate from their Christmas parties!


We decided to celebrate my birthday the night before since I only worked a half day.  I was working a full day on my birthday and knew it was going to be INSANE at work.  And boy was it ever.

We had heard about a good Chinese restaurant in Southlake that I have been dying to try.  And it was absolutely delicious.  


They even had Dim Sum.  We just ordered a ton of random things and everybody shared (although John literally does not know how to do that.....he only wants to eat what he wanted to order.  Ha.).
Mason and Brody both loved the Dim Sum and each had two. 

This kid is the worst at eating at home but for some reason he loves Chinese food. 
 It makes us laugh.  


Friday was the first fun day off of school so the boys and I had a date at Kindred Coffee.  
Its our fav. 

We tried to do our 3rd annual Gaylord before Christmas trip.  It was definitely a bad idea.  Everyone in the state of TX was there.  We couldn't get a table at our favorite brunch place and the snow tubing line was extremely long BUT the kids had fun.




And weren't silly at all while waiting in line...




Mason was kind enough to hold his brother's tube for him.

 Pure joy.

 They took a few slides down and then we were out of there to grab some food.  We finally got to try Pappadeaux Seafood (had only had the Mexican) and it was yummy.  Mason was in heaven.



 Sunday, we went to the Christmas church service.  We decided to go Sunday morning instead of Christmas Eve this year.

This is an awful picture but the background is gorgeous.

Kids in big church for this service always.

Silent Night.
John was panicked they were going to burn the house down.

Christmas at Keystone is the best.

It was pretty chilly and overcast so s'mores it was.


We ended the night looking at Christmas lights in the most popular neighborhood.  There was an incredibly long wait to get in but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment