We got home from the cruise and I realized I certainly did not get a head start on groceries.....
Which is difficult since we had our floors redone during a pandemic and all the restaurants were closed. Not good.
The first week after Spring Break, the district spent the week creating a huge online curriculum. We had it easy that week and just received fun assignments from our teachers and suggestions.
First grade made shamrocks and hung in our window. Then we went on a walk to hunt for other shamrocks.
Finally starting to see progress!
John had to work from home these first two weeks.
Brody was working also.
I had never heard of Zoom before this pandemic (of course John uses it all the time for work but not me). the boys had their first Zoom meetings that week. This was with Mason's baseball team. They LOVE the Zoom meetings.
Arm wrestling in our upstairs kitchen....
Such an improvement!
I was able to get out and return the extra tile we didn't need to Home Depot. I'm documenting because I hope this will never happen again. Only 125 in a store at once so it was one in and one out.
On that Friday, we were able to get our furniture back in!
(LOVE all the new baseboards!)
We had beautiful weather beginning last weekend.
We are fortunate to have the amazing trails in our neighborhood that even connect to the neighboring towns. They go for miles and miles. We have been on a million walks!
We also pass cows, sheep, and horses!
Lots of trampoline jumping....Mason has his half full and working on the full.
Kid is pretty good at flipping.
Working on baseball drills since that has been paused.
Here are a couple of final pictures of the floors....
Still have to paint those baseboards in this half bath and the walls.
I have plenty of time to get that accomplished!
Everything has been affected by this pandemic. It is like nothing before.
No churches can have Sunday service, just able to stream online.
Thankful for our church during this time.
Pitching practice.
Monday started our first official online learning. Keller ISD created an online curriculum in 6 days that should've taken 18 months. It has been all in the news. The online portal is amazing. Teachers send us our assignments in Google Classroom every night for the next day. I was absolutely taken aback when opening the assignments Monday morning. I am not sure what I thought but it was a lot. We do an assignment and upload it for the teacher to see. As the week went on, it became a much easier process but did take some getting used to. We are blessed to have such a great school district.
He decided to dive into to his Children's Bible Lessons book.
I guess there are some positives.
Losing our homeschooling minds.
Brody was finally able to Zoom with his teacher and classmates this week.
Couldn't stop smiling.
We had to work out of just our home computer this week. Keller gave out Chromebooks this week but our pickup time wasn't until Friday. Logging in and out of kellers online portal for each kid wasn't fun!
We were supposed to have a teachers drive-by parade until we were put in a "Stay at Home" order. The parade was cancelled. The teachers still put together a GREAT virtual parade that made us all cry. It was so sweet. We also uploaded our own pictures so they could see the signs we made. Ha
Again, what would we do without our trails in our neighborhood.
Every afternoon this is what we do.
We hit 90 degrees a couple of times this week. Hot Hot Hot.
Hoping this heat kills this virus!
No need to hire lawn people anymore while we are at home with NOTHING to do.
John getting the old lawn equipment back out.
And growing a beard.
Brody woke up early all week and we either started his assignments early or went for a morning jog.
Mason had three lunch Zoom meetings this week with his friends.
And I've done a lot of cleaning.
We heard this thing playing music this week. Not sure this was actually legal BUT we all needed a little joy in our lives. Only one person at a time was allowed at the window and he had hand sanitizer for himself and the buyer. We said what the heck and ordered ice cream. It was a super hot day too.
We've had lots of patio dinners.
And shirtless lunches.
I copied this from a friend and it is so true.
I got Costco delivery.....think we will surely survive this thing now.
But who needs a muffin this size?!?
Emma is surviving as long as there's sun.
Friday was a fun day. I got out of the house to pick up our Chromebook.
And I was so excited when I got home and got it hooked up. Once we logged Mason in with his student ID number and email, all the learning apps we use are tabbed at the top of the screen with him logged in, the Keller online portal, and Google classroom. I HATE I didn't ask for two of them! Not to mention, this is what they work out of at school so he knows how to make a google doc, etc and upload it. (more than I know how to do)
This is HUGE that we were able to give every family in our district a Chromebook. You were also able to get wifi if your family didn't have it. Last week and this next week was strictly to begin the online classes but no grades are being taken since they are working on getting every family internet and computers. After every family is set up online, we will begin grades.
Show and Tell Zoom with the boys in his class.
Woke up with nothing to do on a Saturday....feels no different than a weekday....I mean at least we have something to do with the school assignments.
And this is where we are now....Im just cooking downstairs and all these guys are playing Madden.
What as happened to my life?!?! Ha.
We have NOTHING to do for AT LEAST another month. Schools are out until at least April 17 (I do not believe we will return this year but I hope I'm wrong), my work has been mandated by the Governor to be closed until at least April 21. It is all so crazy.
This is always the busiest time in our lives with school, baseball, etc. We had even signed up Mason for flag football with his friends. Now we have nothing to do. We are spending a ton of quality time together which is a bright side. And we all seem to still like each other which is even better! There is always a positive.
But we have got to see the curve real soon. We all need some positivity in our lives. The news is just so depressing. Hopefully my next post will have better news in the world!























































No comments:
Post a Comment