Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2020

A Quarantined Easter


John has been keeping Mason on a weekly pitching rotation to get used to it IN CASE we end up playing ball.  Fingers crossed we do!
(Brody was sitting on the mailbox being "the loud person on the other team"....all it did was make Mason angry.  Ha)

Brody had a baseball team Zoom.  The parents thought it was a great idea....but they kind of just sat there and stared at each other.  It was hilarious. 

 We had to start playing games for them to talk like "go get your Dad a beer"

And "go find your finniest hat"...

But I do know all the Dads were happy to see each other!  Hahaha

Brody has become a pro at riding his bike.  
The boys and I have been trying to ride every day. 


We stopped to check out a roly poly one day.  
They had never seen one before!

We are super busy with weekly Zoom meetings. 

And enjoying Kid Messenger to FaceTime with friends and cousins. 


 We started new material last week in school and it went well.  
I was worried about half past and quarter past lessons but he got it!


Brody got to meet up with his best friends after picking up free lunch.  We parked a ways away from each other, ate lunch in the car, and rolled down the windows to talk.  
Again, they didn't talk too much but the Moms sure did!  Ha

The boys and I lugged that Pop-A-Shot upstairs and out of the garage.
We have a garage again!!!

But to be able to use it, we had to rearrange all the furniture and flags.  

 But it was totally worth it.  We officialy have almost zero toys in the playroom....

Brody had a classmate's birthday party to attend last week.  It was a surprise for her and the teacher asked the kids to write her a birthday card.  I asked Brody to write her a card while I helped Mason.  (I even gave him markers!)  

When he showed me his work, I was shocked.  Lol

I haven't laughed that hard in while.  Clearly, we need to turn off the news around here.  It was hilarious.  I sent it to so many people and they thought it was so funny.  
No worries though, I helped him make another card for her.  Lol 

 John has them doing their daily workouts. 



Mom sent us homemade masks to wear when we go to the store, etc.  
(Brody was having a moment...)

Every Wednesday the ice cream truck comes.  It just so happened to be 94 degrees that day!


I painted the valences that were hideous.  Just painted them with primer but I think I will leave that color for now!

Another day, another bike ride. 


Love hot summer days (although it is spring).

Kids got masks too. 

John is enjoying the Pop-A-Shot too. 

Brody lost his electronics one day last week so he got to help me wash my car!

 Found more BlueBonnets. 

We had a social distancing Easter Bingo on Good Friday.  It may have been illegal but it was outside and all the prized were lysoled.  You can only stay inside so much.  We did the best we could and the kids had a BLAST. 

Each family sat together and we had our own bags of jellybeans to use. 


We had all kinds of prizes: candy, toys, toilet paper, soap, Corona beer.....we had it all.  Ha

We did let the kids ride their bikes in the cove. 

Winner.  Winner. 


We came home after bingo and made homemade pizzas that were delicious. 

 And then I sat down to enjoy a family Zoom!

 Saturday baseball workouts with John. 



And if you notice, they are playing football outside while I dyed Easter eggs and baked the Easter cupcakes.....life with boys.  Ha

 Finally got one to participate. 


Saturday night steaks on the grill. 


Easter still came even though we are all stuck in our house!  It was a VERY different Easter but the meaning never changes.  He is Risen!

This is what happens when you don't have a ton of small bills.  Thankfully had some ones and some fives but only one ten dollar bill.  It went in a golden egg and the search was on. 


Brody didn't search much and Mason did.  Go figure. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

No fancy clothes for us.  We did all take showers to watch church online though. 
 Thats a win. 



And it was a GREAT service.  I love singing at church.  They played the BEST songs and even had a "choir" on Zoom.  Its was amazing.  We are so thankful for our church!
Like our pastor said "It is because of Jesus we have the power to overcome."

We ended up having a beautiful day on Easter.  
John and Mason did their weekly pitching session. 

While Brody and I took a couple of laps around the block. 

And then we picked up Mason to continue to ride.  
He got to bust out his new helmet we got him for Easter. 

And they got to use their new baseball net. 


And Easter egg hunts are fun no matter what age!


They then hid the eggs for me and John.  They were much better at hiding because we had to have clues and we finally gave up on the last egg.  Ha.

John smoked us a ham. 

And we had our Easter dinner with shirts off at the table.  
It was a great day!

Except for the sunburn both John and I experienced!  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment