Another week in quarantine.
Which means another week of online school. they also officially announced school is out for the year. So...we have this fun way of teaching until May 21. Yikes.
But thankful for teachers who create videos of learning all the new material so I don't have to!
Funny enough, the first grade teachers gave all the students these personalized white boards and a dry erase marker for Christmas. This is what they use for their math zooms each week!
And every Wednesday, immediately following math, he has his homeroom Zoom (busy mornings). He wanted to show everyone his dog. Ha
We pick up amazing lunches/snacks from Keller ISD every Monday and Wednesday. We also try to meet up with our friends in the parking lot!
Big time excitement for the week.
I can get the boys to ride bikes just about every day. We love it. Mason left us behind this day. Ha.
This is what our lives have resulted in. Computers 24/7. Since there are no sports on, these professional players are in this baseball video game tournament and there is a screen where you can see the guy commenting while playing. Joey Gallo was playing last week and the boys were pumped. We are seriously watching a professional player play in a video game tournament....
Friday night has become homemade pizza night,
and I'm not sure that will change once quarantine is over.
John and I were bored Saturday. A cold front came through although I think it ended up being almost 70 degrees. We locked the kids in the house and walked in the neighborhood. Nice little day date.
Only way Brody wants to do his daily exercises is if John participates as well.
Sunday, John and I were bored again and we decided to get frozen drinks at one of the daiquiris to go places. Had no idea there were everywhere around here (even drive thru ones!)
I also gave haircuts again. Did sooooooo good until I didn't....
The clippers slipped as I was trying to fade!!! Whoopsies.
Shirtless baseball drills.
This right here. We pay as much as private schools for our Keller ISD taxes. Lol.
Mason had a hitting lesson with his coach via Zoom.
And I put on my mask in hopes of keeping the food out of my mouth.....
Mason's coach told them to run sprints.....Brody too. Ha.
These kids were dying!!!!
I grilled some delicious chicken the other night.....
And then Mason broke his finger playing football with friends.
Ugh. At least we aren't playing right now. It seems like he can still work on throwing/pitching, but no hitting. Way too painful.
Some mornings we have slow starts.
Brody had his Zoom hybrid math class. As the teacher was waiting on everyone to join for the weekly lesson, she had them do a "fun" review of addition. 47 + 34 = x. He instantly knew it was 81 which was good but his teacher wanted him to show his work. And I thought to myself, hmmmm this is a carry over the one type of problem.....thankfully he knew what to so because I certainly didn't!
Ice cream man every Wedesnday!
And since they lifted some of the restrictions this week, we started letting the boys play with the next-door neighbor. They have had soooo much fun this week.
Brody and I took a nightly stroll.
The weather was amazing!
We hung in our front yard with some of our neighbors and the kids played leap frog. Ha. It was 8:20 and 81 degrees out! Felt like we were at the beach with the wind.
I got gas for the first time in over a month! With my points, it was .59. Crazy.
Feel so bad for the oil industry.
Since Mason was robbed of his fourth grade year, we got him this sign that most of the parents are putting up in their front yard. They don't get to do the Play All Day, 4th grade performance, say goodbye to friends and teachers, graduation, 4th grade party at Keller Pointe.....its so sad. I realize he is only in 4th grade, and not a senior in high school, but they totally got robbed. So so sad. Hoping he gets to say goodbye to the teachers before moving onto middle school next year. (and thankfully Brody will still be at The Grove or this would be wayyyyy worse)
These boys are all wearing me out with all these activities. We were sweating.
We got so hot that their friend invited them over to swim....I didn't get the invite. Ha.
But I did get a couple of hours to myself!
And in other exciting news, the NFL Draft was last night. The boys were waiting allllll day for it. It was a virtual draft but pretty cool seeing all the head coaches and players at home with their family. Different times we are living in!


































No comments:
Post a Comment