Right after my last post, Covid hit our house again. Ha. John got home from work the Monday before Christmas tired and congested. He went to bed pretty early (after the Christmas moon event). He went to work Tuesday because he woke up feeling normal but with a runny nose. Since my parents were coming in town for Christmas, we decided it was best to grab a rapid test to double check. It was positive and we were shocked. By the next morning, he was completely fine. We had to cancel plans with my family and have a quiet Christmas stuck in the house.
We did have a chance to look at lights on night before Christmas!
And Brody and I baked cookies for Santa.
We decided to do the tradition Texas Christmas Eve meal again which is tamales.
I did make a pot of pinto beans to go with it.
And we indulged!!
Mom had sent our Christmas Eve jammies home with us at Thanksgiving. 
I loved my decor this year!
We managed to get a self timed family photo. 
Or two.
And played a game of Yahtzee!
Santa enjoyed home baked cookies.
And got to work.
But Mom and Dad had to put this air hockey table together after lugging it upstairs. It was a surprise present from us at the very end.
Got some cool Nikes like his brother.
Brody always jokes that Joe Flacco is the goat.
Santa just so happened to find a vintage Joe Flacco jersey from when he was on the Ravens and went to the super bowl. Ha.
Mason really wanted a specific shoe and knew it was sold out. Santa brought him the shoes in a different color which he was very excited about. Mom and Dad ended up finding the shoes he really wanted and wrapped them up. He was so excited.
So far, this has been good entertainment for everyone.

We briefly saw some of the neighbor kids outside who got the same go kart attachments for their hoverboards that our kids got! It is the MOST fun thing ever!
Mason also wanted lights and now he looks like he sleeps in a club.
My kids looks like he hasn't showered or seen the sun in days but I swear he had.
We spent the rest of the break as much outdoors as we could!
We had our beef tenderloin dinner with just the four of us. It turned out perfect!
John and I got a Blackstone grill for Christmas.
We started cooking on it and gaining weight instantly.....haha.
The fun thing is that John likes to cook on it!
He made the boys grilled cheeses one night and I didn't left a finger.
I would say the grill was worth it.
We were happy Owen could play inside the house on the cold days because his entire family just got over Covid. Its the small things! The boys even spent the night at their house one night.
Our neighbors fence caught on fire and Brody ran home to tell us. No one else was outside so John got them out of their house and I called 911. The fence and tree were engulfed but the firetrucks were there in just a couple of minutes! Brody saved the day!
John and I raced one night when the boys weren't looking.
Working from home is hard when this little chatterbox doesn't stop asking you questions about fantasy football.
We all did the drive thru testing the week of New Years to see if we were all negative and maybe my parents could come. A couple of days later we found out John AND I both tested positive (both boys negative). I had zero symptoms. Zero. Every doctor I've talked to thinks this is a good thing and basically means my body did what it was supposed to do. They think it just produced antibodies to fight off the virus (since I already had it) and it showed up on the test. Either way, no-one is sick in this house anymore. Lol.
Found where I hid the elves on the 29th of December...
Brody and I have been riding a lot with the nicer weather!And I got the Covid vaccine last week. My boss was able to set up appts for all of us although only a couple agreed to take it. My arm KILLED me after but that was it. No other symptoms!
NYE was rainy and cold. We watched football by the fire!We had tickets to the Armed Forces Bowl since it was an SEC team this year, but we didn't get negative tests AND it was Miss State playing AND freezing. Ha. Lots of issues there.
We celebrated NYE just like we did Christmas!
We did a beer cheese fondue, watched football and the Mandalorian.
We were able to cook everything on the new griddle and it was amazing.
This is the picture they gave me but whatever! Ha
Happy 2021!!!!!!!!!

Brody has been holding Emma a lot these days.
He doesn't care if she growls at him, he knows she can't hurt him.
Then she gives in. Ha
We have also been taking lots of naps.
Christmas gifts from Grandma and Grandpa came in and the boys were STOKED.
AJ Brown and Derek Henry
We busted out of quarantine finally and met friends for dinner. They were in town from Michigan and we were all excited to see them! We were cleared to get back out by then but also, almost everyone had had Covid.
We went swimming at their hotel after and the kids had so much fun!We didn't get the Titans game here Sunday so we went to BWW to watch!
They were winning by a lot we left but then Houston made a comeback. Our broadcast put it on after the regular game ended and we were able to watch the last several minutes. It was pretty exiting.

AJ Brown made a long catch to set them up to win.
We had one final day yesterday to play before school started back. It is so fun that all of my neighborhood friends' kids have gotten close. They wake up every day and run outside to play. We force them in for lunch and then they are back to again. Love it. I had them playing a game of LRC. 
But it wears a little guy out!
One final nap before school started today!
No comments:
Post a Comment