Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2021

End of School, Baseball, Birthday, and the River

 

We have been busy with baseball, shockingly. 





Mason is the king of bunts these days.
 (He has been hitting well in general, though!)



And Brody has figured out this kid pitch thing....





We also celebrated the end of the school year!  So thankful we were able to go to school in person the entire school year.  Success. I was room mom this year for Brody's class.  We were able to have an End of the Year party that I planned with the other 2nd grade room moms.  Unfortunately, it rained and we were not able to have the party (with parents) as planned.  Just the kiddos and room moms.  

We still managed to have a ton of fun!







We also threw Mrs. Moore a baby shower!


These kiddos survived!!!





I had to work the last day of school (it was a half day for them) but John did snap a picture. 

Carpool and Jack!


I did get a picture of Mason at the middle school.  It is kind of nuts I haven't stepped foot on that campus and he has met an entire group of kids from another elementary school. A parent that I do not know snapped a picture for me.   Ha.  Covid sucks.  lol


Mason was able to go to a swim party right after school with a ton of his buddies. 



They were playing some type of game.  I laugh every time I see this picture. 



Meanwhile, Brody, Jack, and Charlotte were off to the pool. 


Brody had practice that night and the Knights even celebrated with a cookie cake.  
Lots of celebrating over here. 



This is summer. 



My cousin Amy's son Jack graduated from high school and we were able to go to the party! 
Uncle Wayne and Gina got to come in town too.  We had a lovely time and the boys were entertained the entire time.  It was a fun night!




I also snuck away that night for a little Knight's Mom's Out. 


We gave John his birthday present a little early.  We had his highlight videos from football (and senior year of baseball) transferred over.  John had all the neighborhood boys watch him hit a HR.  HAHA

We also made him an apple pie. 



Happy Birthday!!!


Mom and Dad came in town to watch the boys play ball and boy did they see some games.  Lol
But first, swimming and lunch. 


We had a double header scrimmage against Southlake that Thursday night. 
One of the Moms sent me this picture. 

Brody has been hitting so well in kid pitch so far. 


ALL the siblings were there and had their own fun. 


Check out that sunset. 



John and I snuck away for a date night. 



We went to Craft and Vine in Roanoke and it was so good. 


We had a LONG weekend of baseball that weekend.  Both boys were at the same fields (which NEVER happens) but the fields were not the closest to each other.  Lol. 

Mom and Dad were able to watch all four pool play games Saturday. 






Some of the Knights came over to watch Mason's game. 


And here we are BACK at Brody's second game. 



Horrible video by me but Brody with another triple. 



We had a lightening delay. 




Keller baseball is headed to state and they lit up the tower!
First time they've ever made it!  Pretty exciting. 



Mason pitched and hit well this weekend.  Glad my parents were here to see it!




Bracket Sunday. 



Both boys won their first game on Sunday.  I don't have any pictures or videos because I was with Brody and everyone else was with Mason, but Mason pitched so well again on Sunday and got the win!  He also hit really well!  He has perfected that bunt too. 


No pictching for Brody but he hit really well and was awesome at second. 



And they did intentionally walk him.  Haha.  They just wanted a force at home, but I'm pretty sure he was smiling all the way to first. 










Getting the last out of the game. 



Brody is off this coming weekend so I will get to see more of Mason's games this weekend.  It is tough when we can't switch up since John is a coach. 




I had a weird schedule at work this week and decided to utilize it and go out of town!  Summer and I took our boys to New Braunfels to go to Schlitterbahn and float the Comal River.  We had the BEST time!!!!!


The waterpark is so cool.  It uses the river water throughout the park. 


Summer and I found some adult beverages.
 (But really, just the one because we rode every ride the kids did!)  Ha




I just couldn't get over how the river was just right there, 



See. we rode them all!



Our condo was across the street from the waterpark so we were able to walk home. 
They conned me into slushies as we were leaving. 


We finally got to the condo and I just couldn't believe how beautiful it was!


We were on the first floor and this was just right out our door.  
Gorgeous!

Boys taking to the people tubing. 


We let them swim as we unloaded and then walked down the street to get pizza.  



We woke up the next morning and put on our new purchased Buccee's gear. 



Summer and I blew up those rafts all by ourselves and got us floating.  
You could jump right into the river from our condo and float for about 45 minutes.  But it was only about a 5 minute walk back to our condo.  

We did that 45 min float first.  I know I keep saying how pretty it was but I had never done anything like it.  There are two different rivers to float in New Braunfels and a couple of others not too far. 




Chillin and relaxin. 


The boys decided they wanted to do the full 2 hour float but it was able a mile away.  We decided to grab lunch and stuff all the tubes in and outside of the car.  Boys were stuffed in there and luckily, we were not going far. 


It needed help getting out of the parking garage. 


Here we go!!


It started off very slow and then you hit the first chute.  It was crazy!  So fast!!!  We saw several people flip over in their tube so it was NOT smart the kids weren't wearing life jackets (we learned from our mistakes).  Those rapids can pull you under!  We threw on life jackets and let the boys do the chute several times!  There were two other chutes on the Comal but much calmer than the first one!



So Much Fun.  



Look how clear the water is!


Throwing the football. 



We actually walked back up to the top of the river to do the run one more time.  Boys had to carry their rafts and all.  ZERO complaints.  They were having a blast.  After the second run, we let the boys relax and Summer and I walked back to get the car.  They have shuttle services but we avoided them this trip since we were right on the water. 

Here is another view of the condo.  

And here is the top of the river where the chute is.  

We decided to hit up Gruene for ice cream that night. 
 We crammed it ALL in!


Gruene is so cute.  Here we are in the Hall where they have live music.
  It is historic and such a fun spot. 


He somehow lost his cone not long after this and returned to our table holding the scoops in his hand....


This is what you call POOPED!



We had so many days of cold rain so far this spring.  So unusual.  Well, the TX sun has arrived and all is back to normal.  I'm sure we will have no more rain for months.  Ha


No comments:

Post a Comment