Last time I blogged we were leaving for Knoxville Friday morning. Well of course plans don't usually go that smooth...we ended up taking Mason to the doctor Friday morning before we left because of a red toe. Yep, I said red toe. I know that is strange (only us) but I had been watching it for a few days and it was spreading. Turns out the Little Man has Cellulitis on his toe so we needed strong antibiotics. He seems to be acting like it doesn't bother him, and the medicine appears to be working! =)
After that, off to Knoxville we went!!!! We rode with Becca and Robert. Of course we got into a little traffic from a dump truck that had gone off the road (John and I have had BAD trips to Knoxville in the past), but this was the best trip by far!!
We were able to get dinner Friday night at a great sushi place called Nama (I'm pretty sure). This is the first time EVER that we have done anything on the first night were got there because of the longer drive, so I had to take pictures to prove it! Ha
Here is Becca and Blake at Downtown Grill and Brewery after dinner.
Us
Catey and Will
We didn't stay out much after dinner because we had a LONG day on Saturday.
Us, Becca and Robert, Jake and Blake, Will and Catey all stayed at the same hotel so it made it much easier.
Saturday morning was gameday! We all got up and out the hotel doors by 9:00! The game started at noon. We headed over to the parking lot for the tailgating to begin!
John and Robert (obviously not too excited about picture time)
Robert and Beckdad
I'm sorry UT people but I must post this...just your average UT fan dressed in all that annoying orange! =)
Catey, Will, Blake, and Jake
John and I. Turns out, it is a little hard to tell with some reds if it is red or orange??? Mine and Catey's shirts could've gone either way. Oops
Jake and Blake with the pretty view in the background.
Blake, me, and Becka
Will was able to get sky box tickets for him and Catey, Brian and Clair, and John and I and let me just say...AMAZING!! They had a huge buffet sat up with all kinds of good food from hot dogs to shrimp and grits to a dessert bar including any type of ice cream you have ever had. (not to mention a fully stocked bar) =) Never had tickets like that and probably won't ever again!!!!! The game did not at all turn out like we had hoped, but at least it was a good time!
THANKS WILL!!!
The view.
I didn't take my big camera in the game so these were all the pictures. I forgot to get a picture of John and I, but here is one of Brian and Clair.
After watching the entire game where our team gave such poor effort (I will say UT played a good game but this will be the only time I mention that =) ), we all went back to Vol Navy where Brian and friend's were on an awesome houseboat!
The top deck.
We had such a good weekend! I can't say it enough. Hate the we lost, but so worth the trip.
I promise I will post some pictures of my main squeeze tomorrow! Mason has been having a good time lately (minus the medicine). He walks EVERYWHERE, no more crawling. Has a total of 6 teeth (2 are only partially erupted though). He is exploring everything since he can walk so well. Hopefully I can loose some weight since we are chasing him!
Those pics turned out soo cute! We had such a good time :)
ReplyDelete