Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

1 Month

Brody was one month old two days ago!  I can't believe it's already been a month.  I also can't believe I have to go back to work in a month.  I feel like he has really grown in a month and getting bigger and bigger by the day.


*Most of his NB clothes are either too small or will be too small soon, 0-3 month is actually fitting better
*I ran out of NB diapers so now we are in size 1 (I know the NB would still fit but we are making the 1's work!)
*He is still sleeping in the bassinet in our room.  That will soon change, maybe even tonight.  He is a VERY loud sleeper...he grunts so loud!!  I think we will all get better sleep that way.
*I feed him right before bed and he will sleep about 4 hours (last night 4.5!) and then 3 hours later wake up again.  He does go right back to sleep after eating so I am really not losing much sleep at all. He has been like that from day 1.
*This kid is very hard to burp, very hard.  It is just not going to happen in the middle of the night either.
*Which leads me to him being the gassiest baby in the world.  It really is unbelievable!  We do give him the drops in his bottles.
*He is eating 3.5oz every three hours.
*He is a screamer...not a cryer, a screamer.  Mason was not like this.   He is a great baby, but oh my goodness.  If he gets upset, he goes from silent to yelling!   It actually sounds like he is hyperventilating and he also turns purple.  There will never be any "crying it out".  It will just never work.  It really is something you have to see to believe.


We have the stickers to use this time with the months.  I took pictures but there was a glare on the sticker because the light was on.  By the time I realized this, his little head was too tired to retake them.   Oh well.



And here is Mason and Brody at one month. It is hard for me to tell if they look alike. Obviously the hair is completely different at this age. And little Brody will definitely be sporting the cow lick like his Daddy. 



Last weekend we decided to give it a try going out to eat with the four of us.  Brody is fine and will just sleep if he has eaten.  We have to pick and choose when it is a good time for Mason.  We went to Memphis Pizza Cafe and it was perfect.  Mason was great and I think glad to get out of the house.  Here is he with his Daddy.


He wanted me to take another picture with his serious face. I don't know where he gets these things.



Mason has been doing really well at preschool.  The teachers all raved about him yesterday when I went to pick him up. Even some teachers from other classes.  They said he is so quiet when suppose to be and seems so eager to learn.  They said he talks to them all day long and loves participating.  I told them they should see him at home...obviously he is playing us!  Ha. No, he really is a great kid.  He just knows how to push our buttons every once in a while. :)


We have our ten year high school reunion this weekend so we will be busy! And more importantly, college football starts tonight!!!

And I will leave you with this!


No comments:

Post a Comment