Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2012

First Day of School

Mason started preschool yesterday.  He had been going to their summer camps part time this summer but today was the first real day of the two year old class. We went the night before to meet his new teacher Mrs. Williams and see his classroom.  Since he was in a new room, new kids, and new teacher, we knew it would be a big adjustment.  One of his friends from Mrs. Pat's house is there also but they are in different classes.  =(

Since having Brody, John has been dropping Mason off in the mornings which has also been new.  He of course did get upset yesterday, but we knew that wouldn't last long.  When I picked him up, he said he had so much fun and was excited to give me his artwork.  They give you a daily report of how he did and I would say he passed with flying colors!

Being a horrible mother, I forgot to take his picture before he left. But I did manage to get one when he got home.



And here is his daily report sheet.  I can only imagine some of the things that we will probably see on these reports as the year goes on.  Ha



In other news, Brody and I went to my work yesterday.  He pretty much slept the entire time but they were excited to see him.  Also, Grandma Reba stopped by after getting her hair done and got to hold the little guy.



Brody has so far been very easy.  He sleeps so much still, but he does manage to wake up some during the day.  He is a very good sleeper at night.  Only wakes up to eat and easily falls back asleep!  What more could we ask for?!  (I say we, but John never seems to hear him cry...and he can scream VERY loud).  He eats every 3 hours during the day, and at night every 3-4 hours.  So really he is only waking up twice in the middle of the night.

It's so different this time because it isn't just Brody, we have Little Dude #1 here too.  I'm so appreciative of John because he really is playing and taking care of Mason when I can't.  I would say I have changed the majority of Brody's diapers and feed him every time but really it's because John is hanging out with Mason.  Before Brody, Mason usually wanted me to help him with things but now he wants his daddy to do everything.  I think it has been really good for the two of them and I know John is loving it.

We are slowly getting into the routine of things and Mason is finally getting adjusted. I'm glad it's the weekend so we can have two days where everyone is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment