Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Fun Dad


Check it out.  Fresh from my garden. 


We have several things left to get done on our summer bucket list.  We have just been so busy, but this past weekend we marked off one of Mason's.  He got to get on a train.  He never said ride a train, just get on one.  Collierville has the old trains there on the square, so we hoped on it.  Brody loved it too.  

(don't miss Brody)

Once we got on though, they wanted it to move.  

One of our neighbors, Alex, turned 6 and had his party at SEGA gymnastics.  Brought back a ton of memories.  The kids had a great time. 



Brody was not into it at all, but at the end he finally stepped out of his shell and jumped on the mats.  He participated a tad in the parachute thing.  He is just so shy in front of a lot of people.  


Saturday night we had a nice dinner with friends.  There is nothing like good friends....or a husband who photobombs every picture we take.  Ha. 

Love him. 


John and I went to the bathroom at the same time (separately of course =)  ) and there may have been a few pictures taken with my phone while I was gone from the table.  



Meanwhile, back at Mickey Mouse and Pops house, there was a serious race going on between Mason and Brinkley.  =)  


Mason had taken his bike to my parents' house.  Apparently, the tire was getting flat so he needed to pump it up by himself.  


He had another birthday party to go to Sunday afternoon, so I made him take a nap before.  I was doing laundry and realized I hadn't seen Brody in a few minutes.  I finally found him sitting in Mason's bed throwing his stuffed animals at him so he would wake up.  Here he is quickly attempting to get out because he knew he was in trouble.  =)


We all got to see a hot air balloon take off in our neighborhood.  


Sunday afternoon we got a competitive game of baseball and football going.  By the end of it, we had several other kids playing with the "fun Dad".  I'm not sure who had more fun, John or Mason.  

Brody got in on the action.  
I will add, I did get up there to batt when the kids ran out of players, but John got me out two times in a row!  The next time I went up there, I decided I wasn't going to let those boys down so I dove to first and got a grass burn!!!  I just not cut out for baseball. 


John was monkey in the middle here.  I love this picture.  Last night we had two kids come over to ask if Mr. John could play baseball with them again.  =)  Who knew we would be the fun house because of John.  Ha. 

Time for a haircut. 



 I asked for a picture of the boys when we were getting out at Mrs. Pat's this morning.  They thought it was just hilarious to laugh and over-do their smiles.  I guess it gets old taking pictures sometimes.  =)


We are now just getting ready for Brody's 2nd birthday party.  Time sure does fly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment