The last weekend post I did, we had a ton of fun in the water. What comes with fun in the water?!?! Swimmer's ear, of course.
Mason was fine all day Monday but when I was putting him to bed that night, he told me his ear hurt. I assumed he was stalling and didn't want to go to bed. But an hour later, he is crying in his sleep because of an ear ache. Another Mom of the Year Award for me.
John had meetings all day Tuesday and I had patients from 8-5. I decided I could bring him to work with me. The iPad is basically a babysitter anyways. I thought I could schedule an appointment for him and cancel my patients as needed. I am so thankful for awesome bosses.
He did great at my office. Not a peep from him. My mom was able to take him to the doctor for us. After reading a few books, the doctor came in and told us what we thought. He had swimmer's ear and needed antibiotic ear drops. Just another trait of mine he is fortunate enough to have. We have the alcohol dropper ready for any other swimming events to come.
He wanted to send his Daddy a "have a good day at work picture".
Enjoying some corn on the cob.
We love some stuffed animals around here.
Friday night after work, we headed to the Brower's for dinner. John's sister Lana and her family were in town. Mason had so much fun with Grace and Carlo. They caught a frog and were all very proud.
Mason didn't want to let the thing go.
This was the rainiest weekend I can remember in a while. It was just plain nasty outside.
Saturday morning we all headed to Costco. You can always have fun in there….especially with their giant hotdogs.
We were almost drowning.
Why did I get white couches?!
Poor John.
It rained and rained again Sunday, but finally stopped that afternoon. Our back porch had a bit of standing water. When you have been stuck in the house all weekend, you may as well go play in the water.
Sunday afternoon, we did popcorn and a movie. Brody devoured some popcorn. There is a good chance 1 year olds aren't supposed to have popcorn, but the kid loved it. (I was there right next to him the whole time.) Honestly, Mason had a harder time eating it than Brody.
Monday morning. All smiles.
My Monday morning wasn't so swell. I spilt coffee allllll over me and in my car. Ugh.
Then we all played baseball in our front yard after work. John thought he could still hit left handed and the ball came right back at me and whacked me in the leg. Mason immediately said, "Oh no! Daddy isn't a very nice baseball player!" Ha. What a fun Monday.
And I will leave you with this...
I am on the left, Mason on the right. Think we look alike much!?!?!?!














No comments:
Post a Comment