Mason is loving his pre-k class and teacher. She has been sending me pictures throughout the week so I approve. They are definitely more focused on being independent. He says he is working on "self-control".
One of our neighbors came by on his four-wheeler and asked if the boys wanted to ride. We figured Brody would jump right on out, so Mason and his friends rode. He has been talking about it ever since.
We also were able to swim a few hours last weekend at our friends/neighbors house. Mason is NOT scared of jumping off the diving board. He wouldn't stop flipping off.
John had a dinner meeting one night this week and spur of the moment, I decided to take both boys out to eat by myself. I got a tad nervous as we pulled up, but they were perfect. We even tried to touch our tongue to our nose.
The weather has been AMAZING this entire summer.
This is our nightly routine. Mason and Brody race each other up and down the street. Mason on his bike. Brody pushing the cozy coop.
We had Levi over again for dinner.
Brody thought he was a big boy.
Brody has his 2 year check up yesterday with Dr. Bubba.
Weight: 27 pounds - 50%
Height: undetermined.
(the kid would not stand up so I need to measure him at home. I just keep forgetting)
When Dr. Bubba asked him to say a few words, he did try but they just don't sound like words (unless it is the few he knows). He has definitely improved in the last two months which is extremely important. Everything seems just perfect with him except the delayed speech. Dr. Bubba assured me he would catch up, but Tennessee offers a great (and free) speech therapist service until the age of three. We are going to check it out.
He clearly says: Mommy, Daddy, Bubba, No, Mine, Stop, Stuck, I want, Outside (sounds like side), Me Mouse (Mickey Mouse), etc.
He also sings any and every song. I swear he sings more than he talks. It isn't even like he is repeating the words, he says them on key. He sure loves some "Fancy" these days.
You can only get him to repeat things for sure if Mason asks him to say it. John or I try and he says nothing. Mason tries, and he says something new every time. The little booger knows what he's doing. =)
This weather has us ready for football season. When it is 60 degrees in the morning, I feel like we should be driving to Oxford for a football game. So the door hanger is up and we are ready! =)








No comments:
Post a Comment