Brody has been enjoying his birthday gifts. He got a chair that matches his brother's. (yes, they are watching Rugrats)
He also likes to just jump from one chair to the other...
Sigh. He just has the hardest time staying on the bed while he sleeps.
We are still swinging since this was the best July weather ever.
And even playing in the fort.
Mason had his friend over from across the street for dinner. We decided to treat them with some Sprites, so I'm pretty sure Levi wants to eat with us every night. When he left I told him thank you for eating with us. He told me he would be back tomorrow night.
Mason was out of school Monday - Wednesday while they transitioned from summer camp to classes. Mom kept him Monday and Tuesday. He had a blast.
I picked up some new shoes for both boys this week. Mason LOVES his and I do think they are so cute. BUT what I didn't think about was him not being able to tie them! Ugh!
But John has been working with him. I found out if I double knot them they stay on better. If I don't, they come off every two seconds.
This little guy kills me with that big ole' smile of his and that crazy hair in the morning. He is sitting in his brother's seat and thinks it's hilarious.
John took off Wednesday to stay home with Mason, I think Brody thought he would get to join. =(
Brody went on to school and John and Mason had a fun day. They checked off one of John's bucket list items and played Putt Putt. John was pretty impressed that Mason actually tried and did well! He was the first of the two of them to get a hole in one.
His Daddy filled him up with popcorn and a slushy.
Looks like they hit jackpot at the arcade.
Mason and John also took Emma to the vet. She needed her yearly shots but had also been having some problems. Turns out, the bad luck cloud is over her head too...she has kidney stones. Lots of them. We are hoping they dissolve with this special food and antibiotics, but if not, she's going under the knife. (there is NO other option) She's pretty sad. I am sad as well for multiple reasons. The most important one is she will have to be on this food forever. The problem with that is it makes her urinate much more frequently.....that means she wakes up at 4:00am every night needing to go out.
A funny side note: Mason told John that he was Emma's best friend. He asked her why he thought that and Mason said, "Well, Mommy doesn't play with her or hold her like you do." I'm sorry, but it may have something to do with taking care of a couple of little boys! =)
Wednesday night, we had Mason's orientation for Pre-K. He is at the same school so it really isn't much different, but we met his teacher and brought all of his supplies. It seems like they are really working on getting them ready for Kindergarten and I am so thankful!
We took him out for a little date night of his choice after. He chose Mellow Mushroom with a little help from me. After I nixed McDonalds and Wendy's, he just couldn't think of another place with toys. Ha. I told him this restaurant is more like a space ship, so he was sold.
Very interested in the guy tossing the pizza.
He had his first day of Pre-K Thursday. I jumped on the bandwagon and made a sign.
Brody helped me wake the sleepy kid up.
Love his smile.
And Brody was just so excited to go to Pat's like he has done all of his life.
These are his new Nikes. Funny story about that. The tennis shoes he was wearing were size 5's. So naturally, I bought one size up. I brought the size 6 home and they were so snug. I put his current size 5s back on him and realized his little toes were smashed in there! Poor thing. I went back and bought the 7s and he hasn't taken them off since. =) No wonder he wouldn't keep them on during the day. Oops.



















No comments:
Post a Comment